About the job HR Generalist
Blue Harlan is the recruitment partner to this private company, 3rd generation family owned and growing with multiple business units in the fleet solutions and automotive equipment space. Engaging leadership and a culture of teamwork!
We are looking to employ an HR Generalist that will act as an employee champion and help create and support a solid foundation for future growth. You will plan, develop, organize, implement, and run the day-to-day human resource function and performance as a team of 1 for the HR function.
This role works in coordination with the Leadership Team to plan and implement HR systems and policies to support business growth, while embodying and modeling core values.
- Work in coordination with an external PEO to ensure compliance and legal obligations are up-to-date with current laws while ensuring the interests of the Company are protected, including: Employee Handbook maintenance, Employee record-keeping, and Workplace health & safety regulations
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
- Assist with the recruitment process including Recruiting, Hiring, Onboarding; working in coordination with managers, supervisors and external recruiting agencies to promote, advertise, screen, interview, hire and onboard suitable talent.
- Employee relations; working with Leadership Team to bring company core values and culture to life, ensuring connectedness between leadership and staff remains a priority even during high-growth phases.
- Facilitates the process of organizational planning (using Accountability Chart) and employee development/training programs.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Manage the organizations employee database and prepare reports.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Assist with budget monitoring and payroll.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Bachelors degree in human resources preferred
- 3+ years of relevant HR experience including employee relations
- PHR, SPHR SHRM Certification a plus
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Excellent record-keeping skills.
- Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software.
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer celebrating, supporting, and thriving on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our work.