Vertical Account Manager
Boost Payment Solutions optimizes the use and acceptance of commercial cards through its suite of proprietary technology-enabled solutions. Boost has reinvented how commercial card payments are initiated, accepted, and processed for thousands of companies around the world. As the only fintech acquirer exclusively focused on the B2B marketplace, Boost is making commercial cards a cost-effective, scalable, and secure alternative to traditional and cumbersome payment methods. Boost features a global footprint and is headquartered in New York, NY.
Vertical Account Manager (VAM)
United States Region
Reports to: Director, Vertical Account Management
The Vertical Account Manager (VAM) will represent the Boost Payments Solutions brand along with its products and services. This will be accomplished by establishing and maintaining commercial relationships with card-accepting and prospective card-accepting suppliers through strategic partnerships in assigned key industry vertical(s). Integral to this role will be pursuing small and midsized, strategic targets across existing and new accounts. Functions of this role requires both existing account management and new account acquiring within the Supplier Enablement function for Boost Payments. Research and analyse current and future business opportunities in the B2B ecosystem and assigned verticals towards incremental growth in Boosts current model and/or to expand our go to market models. Integral to this role will be the creation, implementation, and management of various activities aiding in the execution of the companys Vertical Strategy and achievement of overall goals.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Expansion of spend volume within managed portfolio of existing Boost Suppliers.
- Acquire new Boost Suppliers for commercial card acceptance as part of broader strategic Buyer campaigns.
- Measure and maintain Supplier customer satisfaction and net promoter score.
- Establish strategic partnerships with third parties and key stakeholders to grow Boost revenues and expand our market reach in the B2B industry and specific assigned verticals.
- Establish yourself and Boost as an industry expert and solution provider within assigned verticals and key opportunities.
- Collaborate with key vertical stakeholders across Boost partnerships with card brands, financial partners, and other influencers.
- Collaborate with Vice President Vertical Account Management(s) (VPVAM)(s), Business Development, Marketing, and other internal functional areas to accelerate growth of existing clients.
- Collaborate with partnerships and key stakeholders to identify and establish Boost commercial agreements with top Suppliers in assigned verticals.
- Expand acceptance via Add Location campaign opportunities.
- Pursue new MID relationships with potential new accounts arising from campaign opportunities.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in relevant field or proven work experience in related role.
- Experience in solution selling.
- High output energetic, enthusiastic, persistent, and driven.
- Excellent leadership, presentation, and communication skills.
- Creative and Imaginative.
- Hands-on attitude with a team mindset.
- Resolute and determined to succeed.
- Able to work well with all stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Confident and articulate.
- Enthusiastic self-starter and determined.
- Flexible and positive attitude with a growth mindset.
- Strong and capable negotiator.
- Intuitive regarding human behaviour and motivators.
- Acquiring, Supplier Enablement, and Industry Vertical expertise.
- Proven track record of excellent Sales and Relationship Management results, skills, and experience.
- Demonstrated skills in account sales methodologies and vertical industries.
- Tenured Account/Portfolio Management experience running programs ensuring satisfaction of the client base.
- Maintain a proactive approach to establishing an expert understanding of the capability, benefits and competitive advantages of the Boost Payment Solutions service portfolio matched with a thorough understanding of customer requirements.
- Demonstrate cross functional and cooperative co-working capabilities with key partners and stakeholders both domestic and internationally.
- Thorough understanding of the payments landscape and industry including competitor and partner capabilities.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, administration skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Skilled in the use of Salesforce data to inspect and drive results.
- Some travel is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $55K to $60K annual salary plus monthly commissions, medical vision and dental insurance, 401K, PTO, HSA.
Strategic Partnerships Cards Output Customer Requirements Partnerships Account Management Compensation Features Travel Campaigns Salary Insurance Customer Satisfaction Business Development Payments Strategy Suppliers Administration Research Leadership Communication Marketing Business Sales Management