Country Manager - Agriculture Technology Client
Our client's mission is to create a B2B marketplace for agricultural inputs. Their venture
hypothesis is to help 72+ million* small farm holders in the Indochina peninsula (TH, VN, MM,
CA, LO) source better farm inputs and related financing more efficiently by working inclusively
with farm shops, Agri coop, and farmers' communities in Indochina's agriculture sector worth
USD 108 billion. Its business is set up by a group of technopreneurs, professionals, and
academists who share the same drive to empower Agri communities with best-in-class tech and
teams to go to market.
About The Role
As the Country Manager, you will be a strong entrepreneurial leader, responsible for building revenue and relationships across farm shops, Agri coop, and farmer community partners. You will also actively shape our client's Thailand sales strategy, go-to-market, execution plan, and sales team management, including meeting and exceeding revenue targets, quarterly targets, and strategic objectives. The role will be based in Bangkok, reporting to the CEO.
What Youll Do
- Engage with our client's key channel partners across farm shops, Agri coop, and farmers' communities to ensure we are a top monetization and technology partner.
- Lead the development & implementation of the regional sales plan and strategy, working closely with other cross-functional teams.
- Work with the executive leadership team to define and execute our client's regional demand strategy.
- Oversee the implementation and ongoing operation of processes, KPIs, and systems to support scalability and efficiency across sales and project delivery teams.
- Must have or quickly develop senior-farm shops, Agri coop, and farmers communities' Director/ Head levels relationships in the region and by market.
- Develop and grow repeat business and manage relationships to achieve quarterly revenue targets.
- Communicate effectively internally to align resources (product, engineering, business operations, etc.) to help meet and exceed channel partners' needs that are critical to my client's success.
- Work within a Regional organization structure, deploying central and local resources from Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Product, and Engineering to achieve business objectives.
- Actively drive new sales team staff hiring and be responsible for full ramp-up and training.
What we require from you:
- 10+ years of experience in agricultural science and technology, particularly fertilizer, agro-chem, animal feed, and seed or a related area.
- Prior experience in successfully managing large sales teams in Thailand.
- Demonstrated strategic sales skills with a proven ability to develop and grow key accounts through networking at all levels of the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of channel management, agriculture science, and technology, including customer and competitor activity.
- Demonstrated growth experience, leading the business at the Country level.
- Working knowledge in areas such as government and regulatory bodies.
- High level of comfort with data, with the ability to distill key business insights from data.
- Highly motivated, who can build and maintain a positive, challenging, and dynamic work environment for their reports.
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills