About the job Senior Cloud Engineers
C4I Solutions are seeking 2 x Cloud Engineers to to provide technical advice and services to build, monitor, support and optimise new and existing cloud solutions within The Office of National Intelligence Agency.
This role offers an initial 12-month FTE contract opportunity, with the potential to extend for a further two years.
- Commencement date: Immediate
- Applications close: 26th May 2022
- Expected rates: $1350 - $1450pd
- Location: ACT
About us :-
C4I Solutions is a 100% Sovereign and Veteran owned business with an industry qualified professional workforce and engagements with industry-leading partners. We are focused on delivering highly skilled and qualified professionals to our clients, with a strong emphasis on being results-driven and ensuring professional satisfaction and ongoing development opportunities.
About the role :-
The Office of National Intelligence (ONI) is seeking 2 x Cloud Engineers to provide technical advice and services to build, monitor, support and optimise new and existing cloud solutions.
The cloud engineers will join a small and agile cloud team working on a number of initiatives for both ONI and the broader Federal Government.
There are a number of disciplines that ONI hold interest in, as described below. Note, there is significant overlap between these disciplines, and they are not intended or required to be discreet individual roles. Rather, they are intended to be broad descriptions of the ONI’s requirements to assist with building an understanding of where proposed candidates will provide the most value.
Role requirements :-
ONI requires 1 x resource to deploy, configure and operate cloud infrastructure including properly configuring numerous computing, networking and security services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and enhancing the IT infrastructure and infrastructure components, including task automation via tools and coding;
- Consult with stakeholders on strategies for the deployment of new cloud solutions or the monitoring and optimisation of existing cloud solutions; and
- Monitoring the performance of systems and services related to their contribution to organisation performance, security and sustainability.
ONI requires 1 x resource to develop, optimise, and securely operate cloud products and services in line with DevOps practices. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying, creating and applying development and security standards and processes;
- planning and designing software/cloud components;
- estimating time and effort required for development;
- constructing, amending and verifying software/cloud components;
- applying test-driven development and ensuring appropriate test coverage;
- documenting software/cloud components; and
- resolving operational problems with software and fixing bugs.
Skills & Qualifications :-
- Ability to demonstrate one or more of the following SFIA level (or equivalent) skillsets:
- PORT 3 or greater (see Software configuration — English (sfia-online.org))
- PROG 3 or greater (see Programming/software development — English (sfia-online.org));
- SWDN 3 or greater (see Software design — English (sfia-online.org)).
- Demonstrated experience and certifications in cloud platforms.
- Experience in programming languages and/or technologies detailed below:
- Terraform or similar infrastructure as code implementations
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience working with AWS Cloud technologies;
- Experience in Cloud Cost Management practices – Assists with managing and monitoring cloud costs by introducing efficient design practices like rightsizing resources, allocating container costs, finding unused resources and identifying spending anomalies. Ensures that costs are introduced as a metric in the same way other performance metrics are monitored; and
- User Experience Design - Producing design concepts and prototypes for user interactions with and experiences of a product, system or service.
Essential criteria :-
Due to the nature of these roles, the successful applicants must hold a minimum AGSVA Negative Vetting 1 (NV1), Positive Vetting (PV) would be considered highly desirable.
What we can offer you :-
- Rapidly learn technical knowledge and skills in the ICT and Defence industry.
- Working in a challenging and exciting environment.
- An opportunity to develop and grow with industry qualified SME’s.
- Ongoing support to ensure you the best chance of success with current and ongoing employment opportunities.
How to Apply :-
Applicants will be required to provide a statement outlining their expression of interest, addressing the criteria outlined in the description above.