About the job Cybersecurity Specialist
C4I Solutions is seeking a skilled Cybersecurity Specialist to lead cyber security governance activities within a blended workforce team of ADF, APS and contracted technical staff.
This role offers an initial 12-month FTE contract opportunity, with the potential to extend for a further 12 months.
- Commencement date: 1st July 2022
- Applications close: 27th May 2022
- Expected rates: $1050 - $1200 pd.
- Location: ACT
About us :-
C4I Solutions is a 100% Sovereign and Veteran owned business with an industry qualified professional workforce and engagements with industry-leading partners. We are focused on delivering highly skilled and qualified professionals to our clients, with a strong emphasis on being results-driven and ensuring professional satisfaction and ongoing development opportunities.
About the role :-
Army maintains and develops a number of bespoke communications and ICT services and applications with many unique requirements. A need has been identified for a professional cyber security specialist to provide advice, input and recommendations to design and implement on-going controls over bespoke ICT equipment.
This role focusses on support to system security governance and ranges in preparation of documentation for security accreditation through to support and conduct of VA, V&V and penetration testing.
The successful candidate will be a qualified, experiences cybersecurity specialist with proven experience in supporting engineering and ICT staff in developing new and novel communications technologies.
The Cybersecurity Specialist would be expected to lead cyber security governance activities within a blended workforce team of ADF, APS and contracted technical staff.
The candidate must understand Agile project management methodology as well as ADF technical regulatory and cyber security requirements.
This position works within a cyber-security focussed team led by the commands ITSM and requires the individual to work on site at HMAS Harman, ACT during the units working hours (0800 – 1700) but alternate working hours are negotiable.
Role requirements :-
The Cybersecurity Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct capability and concept development in context with technical security;
- Conduct security requirements analysis and development;
- Conduct security design and implementation;
- Conduct V&V;
- Support the security certification and accreditation process;
- Plan and deliver engineering services, regulatory compliance;
- Resource management and project outcomes;
- Conduct reviews of contract deliverables;
- Support and/or undertake internal cyber security assessments of the Enterprise and associated environment;
- Implement technical requirements for the certification and accreditation of systems within the Enterprise;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of documentation to support cyber security;
- Develop and support the cyberspace worthiness of the Enterprise and associated systems;
- Service providers are to employ industry best practice when undertaking the Services;
- Review, evaluate, and/or provide input into the various plans, procedures, technical documentation and system review materials identified above; and
- Attend identified meetings and provide reporting and review input.
Essential criteria :-
Candidates are to have the following:
- Undergraduate qualifications in cyber security or related field (e.g. Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics/Computers/Communications/Networking), Bachelor of Information Technology)
- Experience with secure communications systems in a military environment
- Experience working with ICTSB and progressing systems through their accreditation/certification processes successfully.
- Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must hold a minimum AGSVA Negative Vetting 2 Security Clearance. Positive Vetting (PV) would be an advantage.
What we can offer you :-
- Rapidly learn technical knowledge and skills in the ICT and Defence industry.
- Working in a challenging and exciting environment.
- An opportunity to develop and grow with industry qualified SME’s.
- Ongoing support to ensure you the best chance of success with current and ongoing employment opportunities.
How to Apply :-
Applicants will be required to provide a statement outlining their expression of interest, addressing the criteria outlined in the description above.