About the job Design Engineer
C4I Solutions is seeking a skilled Design Engineer to coordinate and contribute to engineering design activities within a blended workforce team of ADF, APS and contracted technical staff to generate new and novel communications effects.
This role offers an initial 12-month FTE contract opportunity, with the potential to extend for a further 12 months.
- Commencement date: 1st July 2022
- Applications close: 27th May 2022
- Expected rates: $1050 - $1200 pd.
- Location: ACT
About us :-
C4I Solutions is a 100% Sovereign and Veteran owned business with an industry qualified professional workforce and engagements with industry-leading partners. We are focused on delivering highly skilled and qualified professionals to our clients, with a strong emphasis on being results-driven and ensuring professional satisfaction and ongoing development opportunities.
About the role :-
Army maintains and develops a number of bespoke communications and ICT services and applications with many unique requirements. A need has been identified for a Radio Frequency and tactical communications engineer to support innovation and integration effects, within a highly specialised engineering development and integration team.
The successful candidate will be a degree qualified professional engineer who has proven experience with design and integration of Information and Communication Technology (e.g. Signals, Mobile Communications).
This candidate would be expected to coordinate and contribute to engineering design activities within a blended workforce team of ADF, APS and contracted technical staff to generate new and novel communications effects.
The candidate must understand Agile project management methodology as well as ADF technical regulatory requirements. This position reports to the units engineering officer.
This position requires the individual to work on site at HMAS Harman, ACT during the units working hours (0800 – 1700) but alternate working hours are negotiable.
Role requirements :-
The Design Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Liaising with user groups and stakeholders to compile and refine user requirements to inform designs according to Technical certification requirements (IAW LMSM, ICT TAF);
- Analysing current / future technology to ensure compatibility and interoperability with Land, Defence material and future force requirements;
- Development of engineering designs from ideation through to operational delivery;
- Planning and developing work packages for delegation to other engineering specialist within the broader engineering team;
- Coordinating and quality assuring specialist work packages as required;
- Providing technical direction and guidance as required to the engineering team and Unit; and
- Contributing to tasking and prioritisation discussions in support of the Service Delivery team.
Essential criteria :-
Candidates are to have the following:
- A Washington Accord recognised bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering in the following disciplines in order to maintain relevant Technical Authorities under the units EMSD:
- Computer Systems/Science
- Signals Processing
- Other specialisations as defined by Engineers Australia for Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering.
- Experience with tactical communications integration (e.g. military, police).
- Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must hold a minimum AGSVA Negative Vetting 2 Security Clearance. Positive Vetting (PV) would be an advantage.
What we can offer you :-
- Rapidly learn technical knowledge and skills in the ICT and Defence industry.
- Working in a challenging and exciting environment.
- An opportunity to develop and grow with industry qualified SME’s.
- Ongoing support to ensure you the best chance of success with current and ongoing employment opportunities.
How to Apply :-
Applicants will be required to provide a statement outlining their expression of interest, addressing the criteria outlined in the description above.