Job Openings Database Administrator (DBA)
About the job Database Administrator (DBA)
- Leading E-Commerce Player
- Regional Network Connections & Opportunities
- Great Working Environment
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage. Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
- The DBA works closely with system administration staff. Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Performs database re-organisations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
- The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third-party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate.
- Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Provides technical support to application development teams. This is usually in the form of a help desk.
- The DBA is usually the point of contact for Oracle Corporation. Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database. Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Experience with other database tools such as and not limited to MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related disciplines.
- Oracle Certified DB Professional (OCP) with more than 7 years experience with Oracle Database Administration, Building Oracle RAC, DG and PT preferably in a lead role.
- Experience should include DB design (modelling and normalization), capacity planning, performance tuning, storage management, back-up and recovery, managing schemas, report generation and DB clustering technologies.
- Strong practical experience of ORACLE in a production RAC (ASM) environment (11gR2) Experience with an organization with a key reliance on 24x7 reliability on its database DBA should possess a sound understanding of the business.
- DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of the Unix Operating system(s)