About the job Architecture Department Head
Omni Design is a company that has recently joined Cal y Mayor Group in order to achieve high growth with a very innovative business model. We are looking for a motivated architect that leads Omni Design´s architectural department to next stage of growth. As head of the architectural department, you will be in responsible for the daily operation and business development activities to achieve the firm´s growth objectives.
The department head profile is of a seller/doer, who possesses a deep knowledge of the market, through project experience and client relationships. The head of architecture provides design direction, supervises firm-wide design standards, and monitors projects to ensure profitability and high-quality firm-wide.
Must have a thorough knowledge of architectural practice with an emphasis on design, building materials, construction methods, integration of engineering disciplines, and building costs/codes.
What you will be doing as Architecture Department Head:
- Oversight of design process and approval of final deliverables to ensure the project conforms to contractual agreement with client. Making decisions in a timely manner to mitigate risks and achieve successful outcomes.
- Manage the team´s time and resources to meet project´s set budget, goals and client expectations
- Mentoring the junior and senior staff on design tasks and process
- Direct the architecture department towards best practices and technology trends
- Lead sales and marketing efforts to meet the annual sales target
- Oversight and providing valuable input for proposals and project bids
- Maintaining a positive client interaction from contract negotiation to construction completion.
- California Licensed Architect
- +20 years of experience in architecture design
- Team management experience
- Design and market knowledge of any of the following markets: commercial, industrial, public safety, multifamily residential, mixed-use, and others.
- Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing to give assignments to office support staff, consultants, and vendors
- LEED certification
- BIM methodology