About the job Senior Software Engineer
Job Profile: To design, develop, test, and maintain software applications. Write code and create software programs that meet the requirements of clients or end-users.
Software developers play a critical role in the development of software applications, from design to deployment and maintenance. They are responsible for ensuring that software applications are scalable, reliable, and efficient.
- Write clean and efficient code that is easy to maintain and debug. To use best practices to ensure that the code is scalable, secure, and reliable.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues that arise in software applications using tools such as debuggers, profilers, and log analysers to identify and fix bugs in the code.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as designers, product managers, and quality assurance engineers to ensure that software applications meet the needs of clients or end-users.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends in software development by attending conferences, reading industry publications, and participating in online communities.
- Maintain and update software applications to ensure that they remain relevant and meet the changing needs of clients or end-users.
- Test software applications to ensure that they meet the requirements of clients or end-users. They use testing frameworks and tools to automate the testing process and ensure that software applications are free of defects.
- Conducting analysis of website and application requirements.
- Identify and fix CSS, HTML, and scripting compatibility issues between a variety of platforms and browsers; test websites on different browsers and mobile device browsers; correct problems identified by others.
- Develop procedures for ongoing website revision; recommend performance improvements; create and refine style guidelines for website content; select design tools.
- Work on JIRA for Project reporting
- Attend team meetings.
- Education: A bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field is with relevant experience or certifications is required.
- Experience: A Senior Software Developer typically requires 3-7 years of experience working in software development. They should have experience leading and managing a team of developers and should be familiar with the latest software development tools and technologies.
- Proficiency in programming languages
- Problem-solving skills & ability to think critically and logically to produce creative solutions.
- Communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and clients. They should be able to explain technical concepts in simple terms to non-technical stakeholders.
- Attention to detail to write clean, efficient, and error-free code. They should be able to identify and fix bugs and errors in the code.
- Learning mindset to stay updated with emerging technologies, programming languages, and tools.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Time management skills to meet project deadlines and deliver software applications on time.
- In addition to these skills, software developers should also have a strong understanding of software development methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall, version control systems such as Git, and software testing frameworks such as JUnit and Selenium.