About the job Medical Office Assistant - Burnaby ENT
An ENT specialist in Burnaby, who provides care to both pediatric and adult patients, is looking for an MOA. Ideally, you would have worked in a Pediatric office before and you are comfortable with using plexia. You are empathetic and confident in your patient interactions and are comfortable both with parents and children. you enjoy working as part of a friendly team. You are known as a good effective communicator who is able to multitask. You will be comfortable with getting the detail correct and handling OR bookings.
- Scheduling patients.
- OR Bookings. ( Surrey and Burnaby)
- Maintaining electronic patient files (uploading letters and results).
- Sending out consult and referral letters.
- Checking in patients and providing questionnaires.
- Answering / triaging patient phone calls.
- Maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- May need to explain investigations and test preparation (simple terms).
- Efficient use of the EMR Plexia.
This position requires an efficient, well-organized, individual with excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills. Completion of a Medical Office Assistant Program from a recognized institution is mandatory, as well as an intermediate level ability on computer systems.
Additional Requirements include:
- Able to learn and adapt to Plexia.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Computer / email / digital fax / scanner / printer usage.
- Compassion and patience.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well with others, including patients, other MOAs, and MDs.
- Strong attention to detail.
A competitive package depending on experience will be offered.