About the job Medical Office Assistant - Scott Rd Family Practice
A busy Family Practice in Surrey is looking for a reliable MOA. Ideally, you would have worked in a busy family practice office before and you are confident in your abilities. You are empathetic and confident in your patient interactions and are comfortable with the elderly, parents, and children. You are known as a good effective communicator.
- Scheduling patients.
- Scheduling investigations.
- Maintaining electronic patient files (uploading letters and results).
- Sending out consult and referral letters.
- Checking in patients and providing questionnaires.
- Answering / triaging patient phone calls.
- Maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- May need to explain investigations and test preparation (simple terms).
- Efficient use of the EMR Wolf.
This position requires an efficient, well-organized, individual with excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills. Completion of a Medical Office Assistant Program from a recognized institution is mandatory, as well as an intermediate level ability on computer systems.
Additional Requirements include:
- Able to learn and adapt to Wolf.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Computer / email / digital fax / scanner / printer usage.
- Compassion and patience.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well with others, including patients, other MOAs, and MDs.
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English, Punjabi.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour