About the job Rural Programme Volunteer
ABOUT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Volunteer Program at CARE International in Vietnam (CVN) is designed for national young talents who desire to pave their career path with interest in development work, in a hope that their contribution to CVN would promote not only growth of their knowledge and skills but development of their career as well.
In companionship with CVN, volunteers can expect to (i) Gain an insight of development and humanitarian sector with a strong focus on gender equality (see About CARE); (ii) Build up professional life with first-hand experiences in a diverse working environment; and (iii) Challenge and develop behaviour competences in a dynamic international organization.
To that end, volunteers are at the heart of the program with a support structure that enables them to seek mentorship and collaboration within and beyond the organization. This structure will involve various mentors who could be supervisors, colleagues, and peers to provide on-job guidance, educational opportunities, and peer-learning experiences.
As Volunteer Program is aligned with CVN’s Volunteer and Intern Policy and Guidelines, monthly allowance along with Accident and Health package will be provided. For specific tasks that require travel out of their work base, work-related expenses will be covered in accordance to CVN’s cost norm.
Administrative and Finance support
· Arrange logistics (i.e. meeting package, travel, accommodation, etc.) for meetings, workshops, seminars and learning activities;
· Handle field-trip logistics (i.e. accommodation, travel, allowances, etc.);
· Prepare estimation, advance and acquittal, payments to project activities.
· Provide explanation or guidance on procedures to partners and workshop participants who are not familiar with CVN cost norm and financial procedures.
Programme activities asistance
· Support implementation of project activities, particularly on women’s economic empowerment projects and social norm change campaigns.
· Assist in data collection in multi-disciplinary team research projects.
· Take minutes during workshops and training; and provide feedbacks and perspectives where possible.
· Support work of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) when required.
· Provide translation of documents (i.e. proposals, invitation letters, handouts, etc.) between English and Vietnamese;
· Perform interpretation during field visits or workshops that engage international CVN staff, partners or donors (if required).
The main responsibilities above are not exhaustive and volunteer(s) are encouraged to take on additional duties beyond their scope of work.
COMMON ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR VOLUNTEER AND INTERN
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and ensure compliance with the safety and security policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to gender equality, diversity, and child protection.
- Comply with CVN’s financial and operational requirements, foster strong communication between operations and programme teams and uphold high standards of honesty and integrity in personal conduct.
· A high sense of purpose and an eager to learn about CARE, gender equality, women’s empowerment, and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse.
· An educational background or volunteer work experience on business or communications is an advantage.
· Have work disciplines and capacity to take deliberate actions.
· Acquire excellent task management skills and be detail oriented.
· Good verbal and written Vietnamese and English.
· Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office and numeric skills.
Why you should apply:
· Ongoing professional and personal development
· A dynamic and innovative environment
· Supportive teams
Application Deadline: Recruitment is open until position is filled.
We invite Vietnamese candidate to submit expressions of interest to join our team. Please click the Apply button and complete online application form linked to the vacancy on our careers page https://www.careers-page.com/care-vietnam. Please ensure you attach your CV and cover letter in English language before submitting.
CARE International in Vietnam is a creative and dynamic organisation which has worked with Vietnamese and international partner organisations since 1989 in over 300 projects. We recognise that the key to achieving equitable development outcomes lies in addressing deeply rooted, structural underlying causes of poverty and injustices which contribute to the exclusion and vulnerability of particular groups in society. Our long term programme goals in Vietnam are that Rural Programme (RP) in remote mountainous areas and Urban Programme (UP) in urban areas equitably benefit from development, are resilient to changing circumstances and have a legitimate voice. To learn more, visit: www.care.org.vn
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thanks for your interest in CARE! We are committed to each other and to the protection of the people we serve. We do not tolerate sexual misconduct within or external to our organisation and imbed child protection in all we do. Protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse and child protection are fundamental to our relationships, including employment; and our recruitment practices are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable to work with other staff and the people we serve. In addition to pre-employment checks, we will use the recruitment and reference process to ensure potential new staff understand and are aligned with these expectations. To find out more, please contact the Human Resources Team Leader.