Freetown, Western Area, Sierra Leone
Chief Financial Officer
Easy Solar is the leading solar company in Sierra Leone and Liberia, distributing and financing high-quality solar products and appliances for those with limited or no access to the conventional grid. Customers can finance their purchase over time by paying in weekly or monthly installments, with the option to pay via cash or mobile money. To date, Easy Solar has reached more than 450,000 users, distributing products through its extensive network of agents and outlets throughout all of Sierra Leone’s 16 districts.
About The Role
After close to four years of operations and extremely rapid growth, Easy Solar is entering a new phase of its development and seeking to recruit a highly qualified and motivated CFO. Based in Freetown, Sierra Leone, You will be responsible for managing Easy Solar’s finances in line with her short and long term objectives while creating policies that ensure Easy Solar is able to pursue their aspirations without the encumbrance of finance.
What Do you need to do to be considered Successful
The ideal candidate will have a very strong financial background, a genuine interest in working for a social enterprise that combines social impact and financial performance, and an exceptional ability to lead, train and motivate a multi-country Finance team. You will also be responsible for the following:
Team management - Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting teams in Sierra Leone and Liberia.
Financial Planning And Analysis - Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation and the timely delivery of all financial reporting.
Controls / internal audit - Ensuring that effective processes and internal controls are in place, and ensuring compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
Strategic advice - Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO, the board of Directors and members of the executive management team, on enhancing the financial performance of the company. Researching economic trends, analyzing internal operations, identifying areas of cost reduction and process enhancement.
Corporate Finance & Fundraising - Advising on long-term financial planning and optimal capital structure. Establishing and developing relations with potential investors and stakeholders. Managing Debt fundraising, and working in tandem with CEO on Equity fundraising.
International expansion - Set-up finance systems, team and processes in new countries, and structure intercompany reporting and accountability.
How Important are you to the bottomline
The financial strength of Easy Solar as an organization heavily relies on your ownership of this role. You are pivotal to ensuring that Easy Solar keeps up with best financial practices and have an efficient finance process that allows them to operate with the confidence that comes with having your house and books in order.
The Biggest problem Solving Duties On the Job
You would have the awesome challenge of driving objectives that ensure the growth of Easy Solar in both Short and Long terms. You will have the exciting opportunity of enacting policies that secure and protects their financial interests over time.
What you need to have done in your career
- Post-graduate qualification in financial management, management control, accounting, finance or in an equivalent experience.
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 10 years of management experience in financial strategy and operations.
- Ability to develop and implement policies related to financial reporting, working capital and treasury management, and compliance.
- Proficient in accounting software and/or enterprise resource planning tools(preferably including Xero),
- Experience either living or working in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience managing a country level budget.
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills and proficiency in excel.
- A solid understanding of financial accounting principles (IFRS).
- Knowledge of the relevant financial legislation pertaining to the country.
- Excellent communication skills, and fluent in English. French proficiency is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Attention to detail, strategic thinker.
- Experience with inventory management and logistics.
- Experience in Banking and in the financial department of a subsidiary of a multinational group, preferably with operations in sub-Saharan Africa in rural locations.
- Experience with risk assessment and loan portfolio health evaluation methodologies.
- Understanding of rural BOP markets, impact investing, microfinance, mobile telecom and/or renewable energy industries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Competitive salary and regional/international medical insurance.
- A unique opportunity to expand energy access & financial inclusion at scale in West Africa.
- A secure position in a rapidly growing company with a young, dynamic and motivated team.
- The opportunity to develop new solutions and concepts to support a growing retail and asset financing business.