About the Company
WeFlex provides on-demand warehousing for businesses. They handle the storage, transportation, and service of inventory on a month-to-month basis. Customers have access to a nationwide network of warehouses through a single easy-to-use platform. WeFlex makes finding, using, and budgeting for warehousing space and services easier. Simple pricing, flexible commitments, and easy-to-use software — these are their core principles.
About the Role
They are currently looking for a Head of Operations. To succeed as Head of Operations, you must have significant end-to-end warehousing operations experience. You will be responsible for their in-house fulfillment operations across multiple sites as well as on partner sites ensuring strict adherence to health and safety policies. You will develop and manage relationships with partner sites and ensure compliance with KPI’s. You will work closely with their warehouse managers, partner managers, and the CTO to ensure service provision is uniform across board. You will be an experienced self-starter who can leverage existing relationships, develop new trusted relationships, provide important feedback between client requirements and WeFlex solutions and dramatically grow their business. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage your industry experience and ignite your career by joining a fast-growing startup.
● Define, develop and manage in-house fulfillment operations and oversee partner fulfillment.
● Develop criteria and processes for onboarding partners and expansion.
● Define, implement and maintain appropriate operations standards and principles across the business to maximize synergy and sharing of best practice.
● Develop, implement and maintain a value-adding regime of key performance indicators, business metrics and external benchmarking data that enable business decisions.
● Define, develop and maintain a risk management framework across operations and proactively managing all risks arising from operations.
● Constantly engage in market research and become a trusted internal “voice of the customer” for their product and solutions teams, so that they can continue to evolve their solutions in the most effective and leveraged ways
● 4+ years’ experience as Head of Operations or a Warehouse Manager in a large logistics
operation in Nigeria
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skillset. Native-equivalent level of business English (fluent is insufficient for this role)
● Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, with or without the support of the other team members
● Good numeracy and logical reasoning skills, alongside sound computer skills (well acquainted with MS Office applications and generally tech-savvy)
● Possess a high standard of integrity, morals and business ethics
● Demonstrated high energy and persistence in the pursuit of objectives - known for a resourceful, entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving, a "closer"
● Must be results-oriented, someone who conveys a sense of urgency and will continually press for closure and timely accomplishment of objectives
Key Performance Indicators