Senior PHP Developer
About the Company
Helium Health is a healthcare tech company set to be the backbone of healthcare in the African region. The company was established in 2015 and currently prides itself as the #1 electronic medical records provider in West Africa. However, this EMR solution is just one of the ways they want to fix African healthcare with technology.
With their highly innovative team, they solve the problems in the healthcare sector by providing digital solutions that are not only efficient but highly intuitive and user-friendly – giving stakeholders clear roadmaps to achieve their individual objectives.
Helium Health’s mission is to accelerate the African continent’s transition to a data-driven healthcare sector. The company promotes a culture that is flexible, relaxed, goal-oriented and passion-driven – aiming to attract individuals who are willing to roll up their sleeves and drive major achievements.
About the Role
The strong team at Helium has built a robust enterprise solution that runs some of the largest private and public hospitals in the FCT and its environs. So they are looking to hire a senior PHP developer who is motivated, creative, and fun to contribute to developing and managing their enterprise application, and back-end services. The ideal candidate is comfortable with both object-oriented and procedural programming methodologies and will be challenged with complex and robust application design and development as well as extension and modules development.
They are interested in how whoever takes on this role brings on their product mindset to writing code that powers their solutions. if you are looking to be a part of a young team of high performers solving a problem at the intersection of health and technology, then here's a chance.
1. Troubleshoot application bugs and determine resolutions
2. Optimize and refactor existing code to improve performance and reliability
3. Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
4. Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
5. Plan, code, test, and deploy new features/applications/projects/modules/plugins
6. Suggest improvements, security needs, best practices - your voice will be heard
1. Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks such as Laravel, Yii, etc depending on your technology stack
2. Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
3. Understanding of MVC design patterns
5. Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
6. Understanding accessibility and security compliance, depending on the specific project
7. Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
8. Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
9. User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
10. Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
11. Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
12. Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
13. Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
14. Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.