Chaka is on a mission to provide Africans with limitless access to global investment opportunities. They are seeking to change the narrative about investment in Africa while making it easier for Africans to travel, explore, trade, and invest in other parts of the world.
About the Role
Chaka is looking to hire an HR manager to build and lead our HR team. You will take ownership of all HR matters across the company from recruitment to performance reviews, wage reviews, disciplinary action, learning, and development. Think of yourself as someone that brings value to a team beyond what the perception of HR Managers has been limited to. Consider yourself as a driver of the next level of growth for the business. You are an analytical person that knows the people function and knows the numbers that drive tech business growth.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
You will partner with management to deliver high-quality support and advice to develop talent and enhance culture. Your strategies must support vision and provide strategic direction to cultivate a world-class organization. In the long term you will be a change agent continually developing the culture and readily rallying the people to support the company vision. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Consistently recruiting excellent staff.
- Maintaining a smooth onboarding process.
- Training, counseling and coaching our staff according to our values
- Resolving conflicts through positive and professional mediation.
- Carrying out necessary administrative duties.
- Conducting performance and wage reviews.
- Developing clear policies and ensuring policy awareness.
- Creating clear and concise reports.
- Giving helpful and engaging presentations on employee benefits/welfare.
- Maintaining and reporting on workplace health and safety compliance.
- Handling workplace investigations, disciplinary, and termination procedures.
- Maintaining employee and workplace privacy.
How Important Are you to the bottom-line
You will be tasked with creating a system that drives the efficiency of the team. The functionality of this team contributes significantly to the success of the organization globally.
Biggest Problem-Solving duties on The Job
You will have the exciting challenge of ensuring that Chaka has a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize their established mission and objectives, promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture that is a fundamental aspect of their growth as an organization. You will be tasked with designing all the systems that cut across the people function.
What you need to have done in your Career
- Experience with Corporate Strategic Management and HR Strategic alignment
- High-level HR management experience in Finance or Tech
- Fundamental understanding of Human Resource Management and HR business partnering in a business.
- An ability to interact with employees and colleagues in a way that drives performance
- Strong practice of emotional intelligence that cuts across the chasm and builds relationships that foster the common good.
- Proven assertion in decision making regarding employee relations.
- Ability to generate timely, concise, and effective business correspondence both oral and written with high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws.
- Experience in relevant HR software.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience in educating and coaching staff.
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes, and workplace investigations.
- Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy.
- Get Things Done (GTD) DNA
What You Stand to Gain
- Drive the growth of investment opportunities for Nigerians.
- Competitive remuneration
Recruitment Conflict Conflict Resolution Intelligence HR Resource Management Remuneration Onboarding Welfare Ownership Reviews Employee Relations Recruiting Coaching Presentations reporting Software Finance Business Training Management
₦ None - 250,000.00 (Nigerian Naira)