Lagos, LA, Nigeria
AZA has a group of technologists passionate about changing the landscape of finance and remittance. They are looking for a Technical Lead to join our rapidly growing team in one of our offices. This role is open to candidates in either Dakar, Lagos and Nairobi and will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
What do you need to do to be considered successful
You should be able to use your strong leadership acumen to drive the coordination and growth of engineers and in-house engineering skills. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Working closely with the CTO and Engineering Managers to aid with architecture decisions for the application and supporting infrastructure.
- Innovate, develop, maintain and contribute to the existing AZA codebase and its associated applications.
- Mentor, train and support engineers in order to develop our in-house engineering skills.
- Improve our overall system development process via process improvements.
- Optimize application performance and test coverage.
- Deliver presentations demonstrating application feature delivery.
- Work with our product team to refine product requirements.
- Feasibility and effort estimations.
- Provide support to our customers including triaging any issues.
How Important are you to the bottomline?
Your role will allow you the flexibility and leadership to coordinate other members of the support team as well as work with the engineering teams to deliver a top-class service. You will also be pivotal to creating documentation on the development process and look for opportunities to improve the development process.
The Biggest Problem Solving Duties On the Job
You’d be required to chart the course of development at AZA and define the pace at which engineers work and project requirements. This role is quite leadership centric as you have to provide motivation and ensure the improvement of the engineering team.
What you need to have done in your career?
- Seasoned professional with at least 10 years of experience in software engineering.
- Preferably someone who has worked as a Technical Lead for 3-5 years in a financial ecosystem or Fin-tech or financial institution.
- Minimum 3 years of providing leadership to the team.
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of working with Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Good knowledge of using automated testing frameworks such as RSpec and Cypress.
- Good knowledge of source control using Git.
- Familiarity with the agile development methodology specifically Scrum.
- Familiarity with deploying and managing applications on the cloud.
- Good knowledge of software deployment tooling and orchestration.
- Good knowledge of database systems, especially PostgreSQL.
- Confidence in refactoring and working with both new and existing codebases.
- A strong and flexible work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Preference to participate in pair-programming and using GitHub pull requests to review code of others.
- Familiarity with container frameworks, especially Docker and Kubernetes.
What Do you stand to gain?
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work -life balance.