Chaka is on a mission to provide Nigerians with limitless access to global investment opportunities. They are seeking to change the narrative about investment in Nigeria while making it easier for Nigerians to travel, explore, trade, and invest in other parts of the world.
In basic terms, Chaka is building a platform that allows Nigerians to Invest in global capital markets alongside Nigerian markets and also provides access to foreigners who want to invest in the Nigerian capital market. They are simply a conduit for global investments.
Chaka provides access to over 4000 assets listed on the US stock exchange as well as blue-chip companies in over 40 countries across the world.
They boast of a user base of over 5000 active users at the beginning of the year, have processed nearly $200,000 in trade volume since it started last year.
About The Role
Chaka is looking to hire a Business development manager to help lead, define and consolidate their sales growth efforts. You are pivotal to upscaling current relationships and building new ones to drive growth. You will be tasked with driving the intricacies of these partnerships and identifying new opportunities for growth. In your day-to-day, you'll research and explore new partnerships and opportunities as well as communications and deal closing with potential business partners.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
You should be able to seamlessly obtain buy-ins from Chaka’s target market and identify opportunities with partner businesses to determine how Chaka can leverage their networks and how these companies can in turn reap benefits from this relationship. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
How Important Are you to the bottom-line
There are a few key drivers of business results than metric-driven roles. This role is one of such, tied directly to a key business metric; revenue. You’ll call the shots on sales for Chaka and as such your mastery and innovation on this role will determine the quality of clients Chaka works with.
Biggest Problem-Solving duties on The Job
You’ll have the exciting challenge of communicating Chaka's value proposition and the solution they bring to the table to clients in a manner that appeals to the client’s benefits. You also have to milk opportunities and partnerships for maximum benefit.
What you need to have done in your Career
- Have a degree in Marketing, Sales, or any other relevant field
- Relevant experience and demonstrated successes in a similar role(s)
- Have hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- A track record in achieving sales quota
- Market and Industry Knowledge.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Experience in sales techniques including negotiating, influencing, and networking skills.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Ability to build consensus to drive action among fellow teammates.
- High initiative, high proactive, and high productivity mindset.
- Get Things Done (GTD) DNA.
What do you stand to gain
- Drive the growth of investment opportunities for Nigerians.
- Competitve remuneration
₦ None - 300,000.00