Community Engagement Lead
Helium Health is a healthcare tech company set to be the backbone of healthcare in the African region. The company was established in 2015 and currently prides itself as the #1 electronic medical records provider in West Africa. However, this EMR solution is just one of the ways they want to fix African healthcare with technology.
With their highly innovative team, they solve the problems in the healthcare sector by providing digital solutions that are not only efficient but highly intuitive and user-friendly – giving stakeholders clear roadmaps to achieve their individual objectives.
Helium Health’s mission is to accelerate the African continent’s transition to a data-driven healthcare sector. The company promotes a culture that is flexible, relaxed, goal-oriented and passion-driven – aiming to attract individuals who are willing to roll up their sleeves and drive major achievements.
About The Role
The team at Helium has recently inferred a data-driven need to increase collaboration with the healthcare ecosystem to extend their impact and reach, making their products and services relevant and accessible to offline and online communities. This includes but is not limited to organizing conferences and events, referral schemes, etc.
The Community engagement Lead role will interface with stakeholders in the healthcare space on behalf of Helium to define and lead their efforts in causes with ambitious and large scale impact.
An ideal candidate can be described as a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with their community. This position is an excellent opportunity for a social entrepreneur that is passionate about healthcare in Africa.
Responsibilities1. Work with Helium’s management team to define their community engagement strategy and outline their goals to align with a set five year expansion plans.
2. Create impact programs that target specific objectives to specific communities or third party beneficiaries and fall in line with Helium’s community engagement strategy.
3. Set, plan and implement social media and communication campaigns and strategies
4. Monitor, track and report on feedback and online reviews
5. Organize and manage events to boost brand awareness
6. Develop and manage relationships and communications with all relevant stakeholders that are specific to achieving Helium’s community engagement strategy.
7. Be a thought leader that continually utilizes all mediums and channels to promote Helium’s positioning to the community, press and social media as the brand of choice for healthcare social impact work in Africa.
8. Develop and publish a quarterly Impact report.
1. Ability to create and actionably distribute powerful narratives that improve community engagement.
2. Comfortable with public speaking, delivering speeches and public talks.
3. Be strategic in thinking while able to identify and champion new ideas and approaches.
4. Self-starter with strong project management and leadership skills.
5. Strong analytical skills and experience using data and compelling creative campaigns to drive recommendations to senior management.
6. A detail-oriented work ethic in handling multiple ongoing projects is required.
7. Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders
8. Flexible, willing to travel, and engage with stakeholders at the community level as well as at global conferences.