About the job Forklift Mechanic
Excellent Opportunity - in Acton Ontario for a Forklift Mechanic
Full Time, 1 year Contract - possibly to go Permanent
Transportation is required.(located in Acton, which is 24 km east of Guelph, North of Milton - or 32 km West of Brampton) Ontario, Canada
The candidate will report to the Maintenance Supervisor. Your job is to perform regular service, maintenance, and repair work on a lift truck. This involves working with hydraulic systems, maintaining electrical systems, and checking for structural problems
- Perform minor and major repairs and scheduled preventive maintenance on Forklifts/Lift Trucks;
- Interpret manufacturer's technical manuals to perform the necessary maintenance and repairs needed;
- Troubleshoot forklift problems to include brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions;
- Good working knowledge of brake systems and tire/wheel changes;
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures;
- Ability to work on LP, gas and diesel systems.
- Replace broken or defective parts from stock parts and/or order replacement parts for major repairs.
- Reassemble forklifts and make all necessary adjustments for effective and safe operation.
- Perform safety inspection of forklifts prior to being released back to the work floor.
- Cleaning of equipment and other areas as required.
- Ensure work area and methods used in carrying out job duties meet safety requirements.
- Maintain an organized and neat work area.
- Competent to complete legible service documents and logs for preventative maintenance tasks.
- Learn new technical information and techniques to stay current with changing technology
- Operate computers which control and monitor mechanical equipment;
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required;
- Safety awareness is key and must adhere to safety policies and procedures;
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Hold a current and valid Ontario Trades Certificate, recognized by Ontario College of Trades; Automotive Service Tech, or Truck and Coach Tech, or Powered Lift Truck Tech
- Must have a minimum of 5 years forklift
- Strong mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic skills, work with hand and power tools
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to accurately document activities
- Flexibility to work on various shifts (days, afternoons and nights) and weekends is a must
Full time: Monday to Friday (7 am to 3 pm) flexibility to work other shifts as needed
Starts at $28.80
After 720 hours probation, salary increases a $1/hour - $29.80
On 1st anniversary of employment. $32.00 per hour
Safety boots; Coveralls glasses gloves helmet supplied.
Full Benefits after 720 hours….
Interested applicants, please call ASAP!