Job Openings Head of Internal Audit
About the job Head of Internal AuditJob Purpose
The Head of Internal Audit has overall responsibility of Internal Audit function. The position is responsible for ensuring Internal Audit is closely aligned with industry best practices in executing the duties across the Group of companies’ business and financial operations. This position ensures effectiveness of risk management, controls, and governance of the Group of companies.
This role includes, but is not limited to:-
- Establish an inhouse internal audit functions.
- Develop annually a risk-based internal audit plan for Audit Committee review and approval.
- Oversee the implementation of the approved plan. Keep senior management and Audit Committee apprised of any changes needed to the internal audit plan.
- Ensure methodical documentation of work plans, testing results, conclusion, and recommendations. Ensure follow up on findings and corrective actions.
- Provide technical assistance with investigations, special audits, and provide subject-matter expertise as needed
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of Audit Committee materials. Participate in quarterly or more frequent Audit Committee meetings
- Perform organization-wide risk assessments to identify significant risks or exposure related to internal controls or compliance with Group’s policies and procedures, laws and regulations, efficiency of operations, and accuracy of programmatic and financial reporting.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on business risks and improving operational efficiencies and processes where appropriate.
- A Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or a related field
- 8 or more years’ experience in auditing or accounting; 3 years in a Management role. Knowledge of US GAAP and/or GAAS guidelines will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations, and law
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Knowledge of Accounting and Finance Principles and Practices
- Technology Proficient (excel, word, ability to learn new software)
- Ability to effectively communicate with Audit Committee and Senior Management.