About the job VP Engineering
As a key member of the technology team, VP of Engineering is responsible for co-developing the technical strategy with the CTO, and for developing and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint.
Reporting to the CTO, your responsibilities would include:
- Build and grow an exceptional engineering team
- Responsible for scaling up the existing product
- Must deliver high quality products under critical time lines
- Design architecture, building a platform and be involved to build and create a high quality developer environment and apply best in class management approaches that work.
- At least 7 years of work experience
- Strong experience in Open Source technologies
- Understanding of backend, server, QA, DevOps and take care of end to end development of applications
- Strong business acumen and knowledge in latest technology
- Managed teams in the past and be a mentor to the team
- Has worked on/seen scale in previous assignments
- Strong experience in developing highly scaleable distributed systems and an expert in OOP
- Must have exceptional communication skills and be ready to represent the organisation in public forums
Key Technology Stack
- Database - Mongo, Mysql, Redis
- Programming languages - Node, Angular, Express, Jquery, ROR, Rails, Python, React.
- Mobile Application – Flutter, Java, Objective C.
- Code/Project management - Bitbucket, Jira and Slack Tools - Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins
- Others - Lambda, SQS, S3, SNS, Api-gateways, Elasticsearch, Athena