About the job Senior Executive, SOX Compliance
To provide an independent SOX compliance assessment to give reassurance to management that the internal controls over financial reporting is working effectively and in conjunction with Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002.
- To assist in refining, implementing and maintaining a standalone SOX testing plan within GIA.
- To enhance the assessment process, including department standards, procedures, and testing approaches.
- To complete the SOX risk assessment and materiality assessment as well as the fraud risk assessment to ensure compliance with COSO standards and appropriate scoping and coverage of the SOX program.
- To prepare annual SOX briefing / training materials and conduct annual SOX briefing / training to process owners.
- To coordinate with the Audit team to prepare quarterly reporting to the Audit Committee.
- To coordinate with the Audit team and management team to ensure appropriate coverage for the SOX testing, including Company Level controls and IT General Controls.
- To coordinate with the Audit team and management team to provide support for internal development of the team and overall process enhancements.
- To work closely with external auditors to ensure the program meets their requirements in terms of scope, timing and approach.
- To support GIA as a subject matter expert on COSO, ICOFR and SOX strategy and program.
- To ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- To be viewed as a management consultant and internal controls expert as part of building and maintaining ongoing business / audit relationships with management.
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent.
- Min 3 – 5 years of solid SOX working experience. Experience from Big 4 firm is a plus point.
- Ability to communicate effectively and express opinions independently.
- Some stress is inherent in long working hours, which may be experienced in undertaking and completing audit assignments.
- Will to travel when as required.
Please click the link to apply / submit your Updated CV here: click here