About the job Senior Game Designer
Primorden is an open-world sandbox MMORPG that emphasizes social collaboration and competition with combat inspired by MOBAs and Souls-like gameplay.
As our Senior Game Designer, you will work across various teams to drive us forward in our mission to deliver a fresh MMO experience that aligns with our design tenets.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop innovative and balanced game mechanics that provide compelling gameplay experiences and solve unique challenges stemming from open world sandbox systems.
- Create proposals for game systems and mechanics with clear and concise documentation.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and programmers to align implementation to the intended vision while managing deliverable and project scope.
- Design functional and balanced game economics that improves player engagement.
- Assisting in producing the game to ensure releases, milestones, deliverables, project scope, development, testing, and feedback flow efficiently.
Your character build:
- 4+ years of professional game design experience, preferably with shipped multiplayer titles.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and compare ideas and articulate what the best solution is and why.
- Detail oriented with the desire and ability to meticulously refine game mechanics and systems to optimize for player fun.
- Deep understanding of fundamental game design principles, game theory, and player behavior. Can anticipate player or game outcomes before they occur.
- Strong and organized technical writing, documentation, and spreadsheet skills. Scripting experience is a strong bonus.
- Understand monetization and game economy principles. Experience designing MMO economies is a strong bonus.
- Able to hold complex systems in their head and distill them into easily understandable bites of information for other team members or players.
- Effectively work across teams with artists, programmers, QA, etc, to ensure proper implementation of the gameplay features.
Our game design tenets:
- No risk, no reward: The economy should be a driving force behind player choice.
- No level play-gating: Content should not be gated by any progression system within the game.
- Social economy: The most valuable resource a player can have is social connections.
- Interpretive narration: Players should be able to interpret our narration to suit the fantasy in their mind.
- Chart your own path: Progress should not be linear or on rails to give agency to the player and their fantasy.
Our bonus attributes:
- Dress: Wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable, PJs are also acceptable.
- Flexibility: Work from home, office, coworking space, or beach.
- Relocation: Discover Thailand's vibrant culture and lush landscapes with our comprehensive relocation benefit.
- Wellness: We invest in your wellness, whether you want to focus on physical or mental health.
- Health: We've got you covered, comprehensive insurance is the name of the game.
- Team: Join our awesome team and enjoy cat memes, games and most importantly food!
- Salary: Well make sure you're covered, so that you don't have to stress about your finances.
- Investors: We are backed by the top VC's in the space, including Solana Ventures, Griffin Gaming Partners, Animoca Brands, and more...
- Bureaucracy: We don't like it either, we prefer direct communication and trust that in times of need we will support each other.
- Meritocracy: Be recognized for the work you do and get control of your career and how you grow.
If this sounds like a mission you'd like to be a part of, apply now!