About the job Level Designer
Primorden is an open-world sandbox MMORPG that emphasizes social collaboration and competition with combat inspired by MOBAs and Souls-like gameplay.
As our Level Designer, you will be creating fun, exciting, and engaging experiences for our players. You will work with our artists and developers to deliver environments that embody the creative vision of the game. By understanding and caring about our player's needs and expectations, you will deliver a cohesive experience that will advance the gameplay and immerse our players.
How you will make an impact:
- Block out and build levels followed by heavy iteration and balancing
- Create and implement complex technical design elements in Unreal Engine
- Work in collaboration with the artists and developers to ensure that the level is playable and graphic elements support each other
- Create and maintain clear level design documentation
- Prototype the environment, establish the layouts and suggest ways to increase player engagement
- Anticipate and communicate technical challenges with the team
Your character build:
- 3+ years of professional level design experience
- 2+ years of UE experience and Unreal Engine Editor with full working proficiency
- Strong understanding of level design principles and theory
- Ability to process, understand and implement feedback
- Video game enthusiast with a deep understanding of game design, especially multiplayer games
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit that calls you to do build something people love
- Focused on learning, guiding, collaboration, and growth
Our game design tenets:
- No risk, no reward: The economy should be a driving force behind player choice.
- No level play-gating: Content should not be gated by any progression system within the game.
- Social economy: The most valuable resource a player can have is social connections.
- Interpretive narration: Players should be able to interpret our narration to suit the fantasy in their mind.
- Chart your own path: Progress should not be linear or on rails to give agency to the player and their fantasy.
Our bonus attributes:
- Dress: Wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable, PJs are also acceptable.
- Flexibility: Work from home, office, coworking space, or beach.
- Relocation: Discover Thailand's vibrant culture and lush landscapes with our comprehensive relocation benefit.
- Wellness: We invest in your wellness, whether you want to focus on physical or mental health.
- Health: We've got you covered, comprehensive insurance is the name of the game.
- Team: Join our awesome team and enjoy cat memes, games and most importantly food!
- Salary: Well make sure you're covered, so that you don't have to stress about your finances.
- Investors: We are backed by the top VC's in the space, including Solana Ventures, Griffin Gaming Partners, Animoca Brands, and more...
- Bureaucracy: We don't like it either, we prefer direct communication and trust that in times of need we will support each other.
- Meritocracy: Be recognized for the work you do and get control of your career and how you grow.
If this sounds like a mission you'd like to be a part of, apply now!