About the job VFX Artist
Primorden is an open-world sandbox MMORPG that emphasizes social collaboration and competition with combat inspired by MOBAs and Souls-like gameplay.
As our VFX artist, you will be responsible for creating stylish and immersive special effects for our game including particle and shader effects utilizing Unreal Engines built-in tools. You will collaborate with our designers, developers and artists to create high-quality real-time VFX for character skills, environment interactions and UI transitions.
How you will make an impact:
- Create and optimize high quality in-game visual effects and particle systems
- Master the editors tools and pipelines for VFX creation and optimization
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and programmers to achieve aesthetic excellence
- Optimize tasks and maintain balance between quality and performance
- Technically implement, integrate, troubleshoot, and ensure the performance of effects in Unreal Engine
- Anticipate and communicate technical challenges with the team
Your character build:
- 2+ years of experience as a VFX artist in game development with a focus on creating concepts
- Experience with particle systems (Cascade, Niagara) and with shaders (HLSL/GLSL/Unreal Engine's materials)
- Skilled in using modern game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Knowledgeable in game development production pipelines and workflows
- Proficient in VFX fundamentals like timing, shape language, and color theory
- Video game enthusiast
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit that calls you to do build something people love
- Focused on learning, guiding, collaboration, and growth
Our game design tenets:
- No risk, no reward: The economy should be a driving force behind player choice.
- No level play-gating: Content should not be gated by any progression system within the game.
- Social economy: The most valuable resource a player can have is social connections.
- Interpretive narration: Players should be able to interpret our narration to suit the fantasy in their mind.
- Chart your own path: Progress should not be linear or on rails to give agency to the player and their fantasy.
Our bonus attributes:
- Dress: Wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable, PJs are also acceptable.
- Flexibility: Work from home, office, coworking space, or beach.
- Relocation: Discover Thailand's vibrant culture and lush landscapes with our comprehensive relocation benefit.
- Wellness: We invest in your wellness, whether you want to focus on physical or mental health.
- Health: We've got you covered, comprehensive insurance is the name of the game.
- Team: Join our awesome team and enjoy cat memes, games and most importantly food!
- Salary: Well make sure you're covered, so that you don't have to stress about your finances.
- Investors: We are backed by the top VC's in the space, including Solana Ventures, Griffin Gaming Partners, Animoca Brands, and more...
- Bureaucracy: We don't like it either, we prefer direct communication and trust that in times of need we will support each other.
- Meritocracy: Be recognized for the work you do and get control of your career and how you grow.
If this sounds like a mission you'd like to be a part of, apply now!