About the job Narrative Designer
As our Narrative Designer, you will work across various teams to drive us forward in our mission to deliver a fresh MMO experience with a strong narrative experience that keeps players engaged and coming back for more.
How you will make an impact:
- Work directly under the Creative Director to develop the overarching story and plot for our title
- Design and document interactive narrative systems to deliver an emotional story driven experience to the player
- Champion of the story, script, characters, and dialogue across the game
- Collaborate with other designers to execute narrative goals toward the vision of the game
- Develop, document, and maintain a navigable codex that contains story, plot, character, bestiary, item, and lore information to be referenced by artists and other designers
- Collaborate with marketing teams on promotional works such as cinematic trailers and promotional artwork
- Act as a centralized resources for all things narrative
- Craft and edit production dialogue, quests, achievements, and item, character, and skill descriptions; ensuring world lore is properly represented
Your character build:
- 2+ years of experience as a story designer, narrative designer, or game writer
- Understand narrative and story structure in a way that can elicit player emotion and connection
- Understand interactive storytelling and are able to minimize complexity
- Deep passion for designing engaging, entertaining, and tantalizing stories
- Ability to separate the needs of the story and entertainment from personal beliefs and preferences
- Have a developed visual library and reference gathering skills to prepare concepts for production
- Excellent outlining, drafting, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
Our bonus attributes:
- Dress: Wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable, PJs are also acceptable.
- Flexibility: Work from home, office, coworking space, or beach.
- Relocation: Discover Thailand's vibrant culture and lush landscapes with our comprehensive relocation benefit.
- Wellness: We invest in your wellness, whether you want to focus on physical or mental health.
- Health: We've got you covered, comprehensive insurance is the name of the game.
- Team: Join our awesome team and enjoy cat memes, games and most importantly food!
- Salary: Well make sure you're covered, so that you don't have to stress about your finances.
- Investors: We are backed by the top VCs in the space, including Solana Ventures, Griffin Gaming Partners, Animoca Brands, and more...
- Bureaucracy: We don't like it either, we prefer direct communication and trust that in times of need we will support each other.
- Meritocracy: Be recognized for the work you do and get control of your career and how you grow.
If this sounds like a mission you'd like to be a part of, apply now and we can set up a casual, no pressure introduction.