About the job Senior Game Developer
Primorden is an open-world sandbox MMORPG that emphasizes social collaboration and competition with combat inspired by MOBAs and Souls-like gameplay.
As our Senior Game Developer, you will be working in a team solving challenging problems using C++. You will be developing features and systems alongside our artists that fundamentally shape the product. Our developers have a high level of ownership over their work and its important that you can plan and manage your work efficiently. As a senior, we expect you to solve problems and provide guidance using your expert-level knowledge.
How you will make an impact:
- Build and maintain well-engineered C++ code with high levels of stability and performance
- Implement gameplay mechanics, tools and debug tools supporting gameplay development
- Promote consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for game development, quality assurance, and maintenance
- Build and scale high-load distributed systems with microservice architecture
- Solve interesting problems, from designing and building new systems from scratch to optimizing features to be both performant and scriptable
- Collaborate daily with other team members
Your character build:
- Strong software engineer with experience using C++ / C# / Java / Scala
- 7+ years of professional full stack development experience
- 2+ years of experience developing multiplayer games with Unreal or Unity (required)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Bachelors of Engineering (preferred)
- Video game enthusiast with a deep understanding of game development, especially multiplayer games
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit that calls you to do build something people love
- Focused on learning, guiding, collaboration, and growth
- Familiar with modern consumer web technologies, such as Figma, Miro, and Notion
Our game design tenets:
- No risk, no reward: The economy should be a driving force behind player choice.
- No level play-gating: Content should not be gated by any progression system within the game.
- Social economy: The most valuable resource a player can have is social connections.
- Interpretive narration: Players should be able to interpret our narration to suit the fantasy in their mind.
- Chart your own path: Progress should not be linear or on rails to give agency to the player and their fantasy.
Our bonus attributes:
- Dress: Wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable, PJs are also acceptable.
- Flexibility: Work from home, office, coworking space, or beach.
- Relocation: Discover Thailand's vibrant culture and lush landscapes with our comprehensive relocation benefit.
- Wellness: We invest in your wellness, whether you want to focus on physical or mental health.
- Health: We've got you covered, comprehensive insurance is the name of the game.
- Team: Join our awesome team and enjoy cat memes, games and most importantly food!
- Salary: Well make sure you're covered, so that you don't have to stress about your finances.
- Investors: We are backed by the top VC's in the space, including Solana Ventures, Griffin Gaming Partners, Animoca Brands, and more...
- Bureaucracy: We don't like it either, we prefer direct communication and trust that in times of need we will support each other.
- Meritocracy: Be recognized for the work you do and get control of your career and how you grow.
If this sounds like a mission you'd like to be a part of, apply now!