About the job Graphic Designer / Artworker
Position Title: Graphic Designer / Artworker
Salary: 30,000 - 45,000 a month
Reports To: Account Manager, Manager
Primary Relationships: Client, Client Team
Date: January 2022
Schedule: USA Business Hours
- Under general direction of the Director of Sales Service and Marketing for Corporate Programs, review branding and design objectives with Corporate Programs customers.
- Assist Program Managers in implementing promotional product programs as needed, and applying continuous improvement tools and concepts.
- Produce layouts for client approval and prepare product presentations for webstores and individual orders as needed.
- Work closely with Web Developers to collaborate on web site development, determine customer’s wants and needs, determine specifications and produce finished documents and files using a MAC computer and graphic arts software. Develop in house photography to create images for catalog web-sites and or printing.
- Write romance copy for all catalogs, websites, and related marketing materials. Quote and outsource photography or art work to agency as approved by management.
- Perform image manipulation and placement, such as shadowing, silhouettes and archiving, for paper catalogs and webstores.
- Submit finished artwork directly to vendors for use in production.
- Create design mocks, proofs and reskinning of web sites when needed as well as design proofs
- Provide assistance to the Program Managers and Assistant Program Managers with creating pricing spreadsheets for programs, procuring spec samples and completing projects in a timely manner to meet production deadlines.
- Provide support to Corporate Program specialist functions within the department to assist in attaining schedules.
- Service aspects include assisting Program Manager and Assistant Program Manager by ordering random and spec samples for product presentations and following up to ensure timely arrival.
- Coordinate activities with creative and other support personnel as required.
- May travel to the clients’ locations to assist with site sales, trade shows and conventions.
- Assist with creative design for flyers and promotional support materials and manage e-blast promotions.
- Perform other administrative and technical duties as assigned.
- Duties require graphic arts ability, knowledge of personal computers and graphic design software and specialized courses in graphic arts, layout and mechanical and photography reproduction equivalent to four years of college.
- Basic knowledge of printing industry, web site development, and copy writing helpful.
- Basic proficiency in math and also business writing.
- Position requires the attainment of industry certification at the CAS (Certified
- Advertising Specialist) level
- Internal continuous improvement certification at the CIP (Continuous Improvement Practitioner) level within established time frames.