About the job Paralegal (60k-80k)
Position Title: Paralegal
Salary Grade: 60,000 - 80,000 Peso / month
Reports To: Account Manager, Client
Primary Relationships: Client Team
Date: September 2021
Schedule: US Business Hours
The Paralegal (PL) assists with planning, developing, and managing legal operations with a focus on contracts management and contracting playbooks, as well as legal research, and drafting and analyzing legal documents under the supervision of the General Counsel.
1. Build out legal operation functions, including:
a. Contract Management (collecting, tagging, summarizing, calendaring, and storing contracts)
b. Contract Playbooks (identify business stakeholders, define responsibilities, define rules and process, store and tag key provisions, etc.)
c. Contract analysis and identify risk mediation alternatives
d. Redline contracts
e. Create knowledge base on Product Counseling
f. Legal analysis and research
g. Conducting investigations and documentary research
h. Day-to-day support of Legal Department.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS PARALEGAL:
1. Basic principles, concepts and methodology of legal proceedings and legal research.
2. Knowledge of attorney-client relationships applicable to the performance of major duties and responsibilities of the position.
3. Principles of legal writing.
4. Problem identification, analysis, and evaluation.
5. Principles of effective writing and verbal presentation.
6. Business math for completing non-technical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
7. Computerized information and database record-keeping systems.
8. Computer information systems, including personal computer applications, work processing, and spreadsheets.
9. Knowledge of Westlaw or other computerized legal research system(s).
ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS / ABILITY TO:
1. Possess visual capability and digital dexterity to operate a computer and other standard office equipment.
2. Make fine visual distinctions upon proofreading written documents and viewing information on a computer screen.
3. Communicate clearly and effectively in person and in writing.
4. Communicate via Zoom.
5. Speak clearly and articulate messages.
1. Bachelor degree, or equivalent work experience in a field that develops the skills required for the
functions and responsibilities of the position, and
2. Completion of an approved paralegal program and
3. Minimum Four (4) years’ experience as a paralegal.
4. Accomplished computer keyboarding skills.
5. Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
6. Proficient with Google workspace, Google docs, Sheets, and Slides.
7. Strong oral and written communication skills.
8. Excellent organizational skills.
9. Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional Organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
10. Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
11. Office administration experience.