About the job Registered Nurse
Position Title: Registered Nurse
Salary Grade: 30,000 - 35,000 Peso / month
Reports To: Department Manager
Primary Relationships: Client Team
Date: February 2023
Schedule: 10PM to 7AM Philippine Time
- Provide Quality Review for EMR visit documentation for completeness and accuracy IAW regulatory compliance
- Maintain on-going communications with Director of Nursing and Compliance Supervisor, as required
- Perform EMR training in-house for Skilled LVNs and RNs as needed and serve as dedicated EMR trainer
Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions
Prepares clinical and progress notes and summaries of care
- Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the clients condition and needs
Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs
- Oversees the coordination of care related to client therapy services, statistics, reports and records for purposes of coordinating therapy services
Assist in the development of organizational goals
- Develops, recommends and administers agency policies and procedures
- Assess competency of clinical staff and ensures staff is assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a clients care
- Supervises, educates and coaches other nursing personnel/ care-giving staff
Plans and implements in-service and training programs
- Oversees the maintenance of client clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of organization personnel
Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities
- Stays informed about changes in the field of Nursing. Shares information with appropriate organization personnel
- Works with community emergency response organization and local public health departments, as needed
- Assures the highest quality of care is provided and documented in accordance with the Plan of Care
Performs the initial and on-going assessment of the patient
- Helps develop and implement the Hospital Plan of Care as prescribed by the physician and in conjunction with the other members of the Interdisciplinary Group
- Responsible for the education of the patient, family or other caregivers in relation to needs identified on the Plan of Care, including, but not exclusive of, medication administration, dressing changes, oxygen administration, Hospital philosophy and care of the ill patient
- Works closely with other members of the Interdisciplinary Group to provide all-inclusive physical, psychosocial, educational, emotional and spiritual services including bereavement support to the patient and family to achieve the highest quality of care
- Maintains primary control and professional management of each patient and acts as primary liaison between physician, patient/ family and Hospital team so as to be fully aware and abreast of all clinical issues, staffing and scheduling concerns
- Reports any change in the patients condition to the Attending Physician
- Maintains close contact with the patients family and/or significant others to provide information, support, and continuity of care
- Maintains an accurate and updated medical record, including all interdisciplinary notes, Plans of Care, initial and on-ongoing assessments and any other information pertinent to the care of the patient
- Performs on-going review and follow up on assigned patient clinical records to assure quality services are provided, standards of practice are followed, and compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements is met and maintained
Practices infection control measures and standard precautions
- Participates in the Hospitals Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Program
Attend staff meetings
Performs other activities as assigned
Consistently promotes company's core values
Completes required Agency or Hospital annual training
- Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
- Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
- Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Adheres to departmental dress codes as observed by supervisor.
Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, OAPI activities and other meetings as requested.
- Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner
- Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
Observe infection control and standard precautions
Graduate of Bachelors Degree in Nursing
Registered Nurse is a must
- Minimum 5 years of clinical experience with at least half of that time working in home health, hospital or related health care organization.
Minimum 1-2 years of direct employee supervision
Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff
Possess exceptional nursing assessment skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully with client, staff and community
- Treat clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image
Case management skills are a plus
Policy development is a plus