About the job Landscape Architect
Position Title: Landscape & Outdoor Environment Design
Salary: 45,000php to 50,000php
Reports to: Accounts Managers, Client
Primary Relationship: Client Team
Date: June 2022
Schedule: 8:00AM - 5:00PM EST
Take clients scope of work, that have been generated by management, to create interesting and innovative landscape & outdoor environment designs and presentations. Become a product and application expert, who provides turnkey design and engineering solutions. Including: pools, ponds, outdoor kitchens, hardscapes, landscapes, irrigation, lighting, and outdoor audio. Prepare project designs and plans utilizing computer assisted design (CAD) software and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creates landscape/hardscape plans for customer presentation(s) utilizing AutoCAD/ Revit and related software and equipment; enters pricing information into a computer sales system, utilizes spreadsheets, and creates a presentation.
• Prepares estimates and contracts for clients.
• Obtains approval to proceed with modifications, which may involve the use of Excel Spreadsheets and Word Documents.
• Reviews plans with management, makes revisions, and prepares final designs and budgets for approval.
• Prepares and coordinates materials lists and order take-offs.
• Attends staff meetings to discuss new projects, procedures, and issues, as well as to participate or lead in cross-training opportunities, usually in conjunction with a vendor.
• Provides assistance to other design associates in carrying out the total solution approach.
• Attends and completes training, seminars, meetings, and other opportunities for increased product knowledge.
• Performs other related duties as required.
MUST HAVE SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
• Must have knowledge in Plants (names / Latin names)
• Self-motivated with the ability to work from and with basic information.
• High level of creativity and attention to detail related to the design of outdoor living areas.
• Good math skills; sufficient to calculate accurate price quotes, percentages, and areas.
• Advanced working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office programs.
• Photo realistic rendering skills.
• Diverse tropical plant knowledge, including growth habits and conditions.
• Strong knowledge of landscape materials, landscape and hardscape design, and construction specifications as they relate to landscape and outdoor environments.
• Experience in designing quality projects in new landscapes, renovations, and enhancements.
• Engineering and CBS structural design experience for outdoor structures and pools.
• Good knowledge of landscape design concepts, construction documents, detailing, and practices.
• Fluent in English.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to articulate ideas, both verbally and in writing; personable and outgoing in work relationships, both externally and internally; punctual and reliable, efficient and self-organized, perceptive, innovative, enthusiastic to learn, and takes initiative.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
• Advanced modeling and animation skills.
• Outdoor lighting and audio system experience.
• Good knowledge of outdoor furniture, sculpture, and accessories.
• Experience in sourcing, bidding, pricing, and cost analysis.
• Confident in selecting and developing exterior finishes, specifications packages, and presentations for clients.
• Comfortable with both presentations and technical conversations with management, design staff, ownership, vendors and consultants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Design or related field from an accredited school preferred.
• 5+ years in relevant Landscape/Outdoor Environments