About the job Financial Accountant
Position Title: Financial Accountant
Salary: 35,000 - 75,000 a month
Reports To: Client
Primary Relationships: Client Team
Date: June 2022
Schedule: 9am - 5pm US time
Financial Reporting / Month-End Closing
Assist in preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements by reconciling journal entries and accruals. Calculate and record various accruals including Sales Commission, Royalties, Contract Labor and various SG&A expenses. Assist the Controller by compiling supporting detail of financial statement balances to be distributed to all internal department heads.
Customer Allowance Tracking
Track and maintain anticipated chargebacks in Excel. Work with National Account Managers (NAMs) to add new customer allowances, as needed. Review chargebacks as they occur to determine what is remaining in the accruals. Authorize anticipated chargebacks based on accrual balances, and prepare the monthly accrual journal entry for Closing. Manage Customer Allowance Database for Cognos by adding new / updating existing allowances as needed or as changes occur.
Assist the Accounting Supervisor and the Controller with various monthly accounting tasks: reconciliation of contra A/P accounts, tracking and reporting of freight and duty invoices from various brokers, and organizing invoices from multiple temporary employment agencies. Provide support for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable by assisting with the weekly check run process, compiling miscellaneous A/R aging reconciliations, and contributing to special projects, as needed.
• Four year college degree in Accounting, Business, or related field
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Financial Accounting (month-end closing, journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.)
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Financial Statement experience a plus
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team player with a positive attitude
• Strong research, analytical and deductive reasoning skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Must possess good judgment and decision making skills