About the job Cost Accountant
Position Title: Cost Accountant
Salary: 25,000 - 45,000 a month
Reports To: Client
Primary Relationships: Client Team
Date: June 2022
Schedule: 9am - 5pm US time
• Compiles and analyzes cost records daily for all manufacturing activities.
• Classifies labor, material, and overhead costs to compute the product unit cost.
• Records cost data for use by management in controlling and monitoring efficiencies.
• Prepares cost data for preparation of operating budgets.
• Periodically revalues obsolete inventory.
• Analyzes actual costs versus standard costs and prepares variance reports daily.
• Manages the manufacturing variances and reports monthly to upper management.
• Reports on all material, and overhead at monthly COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) review meetings.
• Calculates product cost standards for labor, material, and factory overhead from bill of materials.
• Assists with annual reset of inventory standard costs.
• Works closely with Production and Engineering on labor standard setting.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
• 2-4 years’ experience in cost accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment using standard cost accounting systems
• CMA or working toward a CMA a plus
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills is required
• Strong analytical reasoning skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and good team player
• Good judgment and decision-making skills