About the job Senior Accountant
Position Title: Senior Accountant
Salary Grade: 60,000 Peso / month
Reports To: Account Manager, Client
Primary Relationships: Client Team
Date: September 2021
Schedule: Must feel comfortable working US business hours
Under general supervision of Director of Financial Reporting, and applying continuous improvement tools and concepts, perform a variety of financial functions including supporting business unit financial reporting and analysis, business unit goal analysis and measurement and the month and year-endaccounting close.
• Provides information and guidance to management on financial issues and assists management in setting budget targets, preparing annual budgets and setting three-year plans.
• Prepares planning and budget documents for assigned areas and reviews with management. Responsible for analyzing monthly financial performance of assigned areas and perform reconciliations and adjusting entries as necessary.
• Investigate and provide analysis of business unit performance and highlights drivers of variances vs budget, forecast and prior years.
• Support the annual independent audit through reconciliations of various accounts and explanations as needed.
• Prepares, reviews and/or issues a variety of reports, including financial statements; weekly and monthly sales reports; weekly sales partner earnings reports; sales and financial forecasts; special sales partner payments and charges for garnishments, tax levies and tax withholdings; sample, overdraft and others.
• Approves commission payments, commission advancements and reserve payments.
• Computes monthly overrides and special compensation arrangements and approves payments, computes royalty and inventory carrying charges for inventory programs and prepares sales partner charges and computes and request payments of special bonuses due to associates and sales partners.
• Ability to work independently and presentation of findings to various levels of management required.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Four-year degree in accounting or equivalent related professional experience required. CPA, CMA, CIA, or similar professional designation preferred.
• High level of competency with Microsoft Office required. Working knowledge of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Taxes and Payroll processes.
• Position requires the attainment of industry certification at the CAS (Certified Advertising Specialist) level and internal continuous improvement certification at the CIL (Continuous Improvement Leader) level within established time frames.
• Work requires minimum of five years of related experience that includes financial statement preparation. Significant experience using Excel and Word.
• With general supervision, perform all of the duties outlined above within scope of authority. Variations from company policy, procedures or established accounting controls are referred to Director of Financial Reporting.
• Provides technical guidance to management in assigned regions on financial issues.