About the job Backend Engineer
Our benefits include:
Work directly with an international client
Performance evaluation at 6-months
13th month pay
- 5 Service Incentive Leaves upon reaching 1-year of service/employment
- Maternity Leave, Paternity Leave, SOLO Parent Leave, Magna Carta Leave, etc.
- CO League (Swimming, jiu-jitsu, yoga, billiards, table tennis, prizes, events, training, outreach, etc.)
24-Hour Management & Tech Support
Great hands-on support team and fun working environment
Client provided benefits include:
Macbook to work on
15 additional service incentive leaves that are convertible to cash.
Position Title: Backend Engineer
Salary Grade: 80000 - 120000 Peso / month
Reports To: CEO, President, Account Manager, and Internal teams
Primary Relationships: CEO and Account Manager
Date(s): November - December 2020
Shadow’s purpose is to help people help people, and we’re doing that by building an app that reunites lost dogs and their families. Are you a dog person? Or maybe a cat person who’s been dog curious all your life? Then join us! We’re looking for a Backend Engineer who will use innovative tech solutions to build out our scalable platform so we can bring even more families back together.
This position will be work from home initially and we plan to move to an office in Clark when the pandemic is over.
- Lead and participate in architectural decisions to help us seamlessly scale large-scale systems
- Develop tools that integrate with both new and existing systems that will help us scale rapidly and efficiently
- Engage in problem-solving sessions to brainstorm solutions to complex problems
- Analyze data and build metrics to help make data-driven decisions to improve our product
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback for system-wide improvements
- Strong technical fundamentals and development expertise in at least one language
Experience working within a microservices infrastructure
3+ years of professional experience building software
Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Passion for producing elegant code and designing scalable systems
Able to learn quickly
Self-starter with a track record of bringing projects to completion
BS, MS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- You must provide your own internet connection and late model smart phone
- Fast Internet (15 Mbps/download and 3 Mbps/upload high-speed internet minimum)
The work schedule is US Shift