About the job HR Administrator
Position Title: Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Salary: 40,000 - 65,000 a month
Reports To: Account Manager, Manager
Primary Relationships: Client, Client Team
Date: January 2022
Schedule: USA Business Hours
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist administers the activities relating to the company payroll, benefits, and HRIS processing including developing, implementing, and monitoring (e.g., performing internal audit and control procedures to ensure that all wages and taxes are accurate). The individual will be the company’s subject matter expert with all payroll, benefits, and HRIS administration. 401k Management is also very important.
- Process payroll for hourly, salaried, and temporary employees; including reviewing and importing hours from the time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information, administering regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, and support orders, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
- Implement and maintain best practices to improve efficiency and consult with the human resources team to improve payroll and HRIS processes.
Evaluate and implement HRIS systems upgrades and changes.
- Prepare quarterly tax credit reports and submit them to third-party vendors.
Respond to all unemployment claims in a timely manner.
Maintain employee records in payroll/HRIS systems.
Administer the time and attendance policy and paid leave policy for all employees.
- Produces scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and human resources requirements.
- Administer all employee benefit programs including enrollments and terminations.
- Coordinates and conducts the new employee onboarding process and presents benefits presentations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
- Fulfills all governmental regulatory mandates and ensures filings are performed as required.
- Plans and administers annual open enrollment period. This includes preparation (or revision) band distribution of materials, conducting meetings to communicate changes to employees, arranging for on-site representation by providers, and processing changes within deadlines.
- Plans conduct and reports results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee and works closely with Accounting for quarterly and year-end audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 401k, etc.).
- Maintains complete electronic employee personnel files, records and other documentation for employees, including processing new employees, forms for employment status changes and maintaining timely and accurate files.
- Coordinates pre-employment paperwork and processes. information, performance management, demographic data and other employee data, requiring knowledge of the various Human Resources disciplines.
- Assists to maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input.
Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant years of experience; At least 5+ years of experience administering payroll, HR, and benefits processes required.
Knowledge working with US payroll and 401k is required.
- Work experience should include knowledge of basic human resources, payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Strong understanding of Human Resources processes and terminology, payroll and benefits processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrollment rules and benefit procedures.
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data.
Possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to complete multiple tasks and a high volume of work on deadline.
Strong attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread.
Possess a creative outlook with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
- Has shown the ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for data, ability to provide excellent customer service a must.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources