Contractors for Well Operation
Primary purpose of job
The purpose of the job is to plan, prepare program, provide engineering support, and supervise "well services" operations such as well killing, stimulation, nitrogen lifting, de-scaling, logging, perforating, coil tubing, production testing, well sampling, well integrity and unconventional hydraulic fracturing. The incumbent programs the work and thereafter ensures that the work is performed safely and efficiently in accordance with the program and the DRM (Drilling Reference Manual).
1. Prepare programs for all well services activities including securing wells prior to rig re-entry, coiled tubing operations such as acidization, and nitrogen lifting; well testing operations; production logging perforating and "Through Tubing Bridge Plug" (TTBP) operations and pulling and running of electrical submersible pumps in water wells. Thereafter oversee the implementation of the work by contractors to ensure the objectives are achieved in a safe and efficient manner.
2. Ensure that all HSE risks are identified and that measures are put in place to mitigate risks and prepare programs accordingly. In particular ensure that HSE requirements are never compromised and that operations are performed in compliance of the DRM, the drilling and completions department Life Saving Rules and Corporate HSE requirement.
3. Report all HSE incidents in a timely and accurate manner using the SAP system and lead the initial on-site investigation of all incidents and near misses to identify and document the sequence of events and the immediate causes.
4. To ensure that any well integrity problems are properly investigated and assist field development engineers in the preparation of proposals for well services activity to ensure that they are optimized in terms of operational considerations.
5. Prepare well integrity investigation programs in order to meet Well Integrity Engineering's objectives.
6. Create and amend Release Orders (ROs) and Service Entry Sheets (SESs) through the SAP system to ensure all invoices are according to contracts and the work performed.
7. Review and check the draft invoices for work carried out by contractors. Responsibilities include checking that the draft invoice matches work carried out, accuracy of arithmetical calculations and those charges are in accordance with agreed terms and conditions.
8. Prepare technical specification & bill of quantity in re-tendering of some material call-off and service contracts during the scope of work preparation and technical evaluation to ensure fit for purpose contracts.
9. Record and report completed well services activities in open wells reporting system to help manage and track well services activities.
10. Analyze operational issues, determine the root causes, and develop recommendations and action plans to avoid recurrence.
11. Support and coach assigned development engineers to fill critical engineering roles through allocation of appropriate tasks, and close monitoring of performance.
Experience & Skills
*Minimum of 10 years experience in well services related activities of which at least 4 years in a similar position with an International Operating Company.
*In-depth knowledge of well services and well Intervention.
*Commitment and passion for managing HSE.
*Experience in H2S and CO2 operations.
*Experience in NORM operations.
*Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
*Strong leadership and people management skills.
*Ability to make the correct operational decisions based on systematic analysis with rigorous attention to detail