About the job Customer Support Engineer
Craver is one of the fastest growing technology startups in Canada. We have developed a leading mobile app platform for the restaurant industry and we help hundreds of local restaurants to engage their customers with a mobile app that is branded for their restaurant. With best-in-class features such as mobile ordering, payment, rewards and loyalty and more, we help them retain and grow their loyal customer base. We are working with local brands such as Railtown Cafe, Dalina and AJ’s Pizzeria and well as many brands across North America. Our app platform democratizes technology so that it is accessible to local business, and will in the future be able to power the technology needs of small businesses across the globe.
Craver experienced record growth in 2020 and has been named one of the 11 Canadian Tech Companies to Watch in 2021.As a Customer Support Engineer, you will help Craver customers with any technical issues they experinece with their mobile apps or online ordering solutions. You will use our ticketing tool to triage incoming request, answer customer inquiries within your area of expertise or escalate issues that require more engineering time and attention. You will have a key role to ensure our customers are receiving accurate responses and are delighted with Craver's support.
What you’ll do:
In a typical day, you will be performing many tasks such as:
- Communicate with Craver’s customers when they are experiencing issues with various Craver software solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve and/or escalate customer technical issues when required
- Resolve issues within your area of expertise using many technical and non-technical tools available.
- Help engieering team understand escalated issues and participate in finding / implementing solutions.
- Work cross-functionally to resolve and escalate customer issues.
- Work with our partners to address customers issues related to 3rd party integrations.
Who you are:
- You are an engineer first, and customer support second. You look at every issue from a technical lens try to solve the core issues while addressing the immediate issue in hand.
- You have experience with MySQL or other relational databases and can write queries effortlessly.
- You understand web technolgies such as JSON, CSS and HTML.
- You have used API development/test tools such as Postman and are comfortable using it day to day.
- You are organized and can manage your time efficiently.
- You have a mastery of English and strong, confident written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to translate technical info into customer facing content and vice-versa.
- You are able to exude diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues.
- You can learn all aspects of our software quickly to provide relevant answers to customer enquiries.
- You can think critically, troubleshoot and resolve complex situations.
- You are able to know when something is over your head and are not afraid to ask for help. You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
Working with us:
- Work at one of the fastest growing, most impactful tech startups in Canada, and get involved at an exciting time for growth, with excellent opportunity for career growth. If you are a driven high performer and self-starter, this is the way to move your career into hyper-growth mode.
- A positive, supportive and friendly work environment with reasonably flexible hours with an engaged team that are making things happen, not just punching in the clock.
- Located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, making your commute easy
- Opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge while bringing new innovative ideas into life.
- Company support for relevant training and conference participation
- A generous benefits package including prescription drug coverage, massage and dental.
- We pay quarterly and annual bonus
- We want you to take part in our success and offer stocks option plan