About the job Legal Counsel
Our client is currently looking for position of In-House Counsel where you will be reporting directly to CEO. This role will be responsible for counselling the business on a broad range of commercial, operational and regulatory matters.
- You will provide legal support and advice to the Management in legal aspects such as trade and commercial matters, foreign investment, technology transfer, labour and corporate issues and etc.
- Your principle duties include structuring, drafting and negotiating complicated supplier, marketing and other commercial agreements and providing ongoing legal counselling in a wide range of areas, including regulatory compliance privacy, consumer protection, operations, competition, intellectual property, import/export, permitting and others.
- You will protect and manage the intellectual property portfolios and rights under the company, including those related to trademarks and copyrights.
- You will act as the main point-of-contact for any legal due diligence.
- You will review, analyse, draft, amend and coordinate the execution of commercial agreements, including service agreements, confidentiality agreements, and any agreements related to the transactions of the Company.
- You will represent the Company in contract negotiations with stakeholders where necessary.
- You will conduct legal and/or business research related to the business and/or disputes.
- You will assess and advise on potential legal and regulatory implications and exposure in proposed projects and initiatives.
- You will maintain awareness on regulatory environment changes across the different geographies.
- You will implement and streamline the legal policies/workflow initiatives that support the overall corporate objectives.
- You will ensure compliance with the internal controls, statutory regulations, and other corporate formalities.
- You must have a law degree (LLB, JD or equivalent) from a leading law school.
- - You are a Singapore-qualified lawyer with minimum 5 years of post-qualification legal experience at a leading law firm or in-house at a multinational corporation.
- - You have strong legal knowledge with good business judgement and proactive in providing assistance/solutions.
- - You are a self-motivated individual with leadership and great initiative, and you are able to work independently with tight deadlines.
- - You have strong regulatory, transactional and project management experience.
- - You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to act as a business partner to senior management.
- - You are familiar with IP litigation management, IP enforcement matters and partner management.
- - You have a strong command of English and Mandarin, both written and spoken.
- - You are good with Microsoft Office applications i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- - You have an entrepreneurial spirit with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- - You should possess and develop knowledge of different national laws.
- - Specialisation in all aspects of Intellectual Property Law is a plus.
Interested candidates are invited to send in your Resume in MS Word Format* stating your past work experience, reasons for each leave, past and expected remuneration.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
By submitting an application to us, you will be deemed to have agreed for us to collect, use, and disclose your personal data which you have submitted to your prospective employers, for the purpose of job search, and/or other services which you have consented us to perform on your behalf.
EA License Number: 19C9782
EA Personnel: R1346341