About the job Compliance Manager
cultivate began out of a desire to contribute to the start-up ecosystem by providing a service that fills the void left by others; an approachable fit-for-purpose solution for founders and leaders in the tech sector.
Using innovative and collaborative approaches, we help emerging tech companies address hiring challenges and secure the best talent. And with an intimate appreciation that all companies have varying degrees of HR needs, cultivate offers a scalable and strategic approach to human resources.
Our client is a Singapore headquartered Fintech operating regionally across Singapore, Hong Kong, and Malaysia and is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) as a Major Payment Institution under the Payment Services Act.
We are looking for a Compliance Manager to built trust with customers, partners, and regulators by creating and implementing risk and compliance standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Providing insights into operations that help the company scale while managing risk and maintaining an exceptional customer experience at all times.
- Conducting internal investigations and reviews of risk and compliance, and providing regular updates, reporting to management on findings and recommendations.
- Assessing and monitoring risk exposures on an ongoing basis across the company and developing and implementing risk management strategies to mitigate risk exposures.
- Work collaboratively with the product team to continuously improve operational processes to ensure compliance, including KYC and transaction monitoring.
- Ensuring all company regulatory policies and procedures are documented, implemented, communicated, and adhered to, including regular employee training.
- The management and mitigation of disputes and finding resolutions for the company and partners.
- Serving as a confidant and point of contact for employees to communicate or report irregularities in internal and external compliance.
- Previous risk management experience in financial services, preferably payments.
- An established track record in managing operational risk and risk relationships with financial partners.
- Interest in new technologies and how they can make compliance more efficient is a must.
- Prior experience working closely with operational and product teams to automate risk and compliance.
- Well informed of relevant regulations in Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate in English and Cantonese as you will need to communicate complex scenarios to Cantonese-speaking partners.
Sound like you? Apply today! We can't wait to hear from you.
EA Licence: 21S0533