About the job Head of Risk & Compliance
cultivate began out of a desire to contribute to the start-up ecosystem by providing a service that fills the void left by others; an approachable fit-for-purpose solution for founders and leaders in the tech sector.
Using innovative and collaborative approaches, we help emerging tech companies address hiring challenges and secure the best talent. And with an intimate appreciation that all companies have varying degrees of HR needs, cultivate offers a scalable and strategic approach to human resources.
Our client is a Singapore headquartered Fintech operating regionally across Singapore, Hong Kong, and Malaysia and is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) as a Major Payment Institution under the Payment Services Act.
We are looking for a Head of Risk & Compliance who will be responsible for implementing and maintaining innovative processes and controls across the company.
- Establishing and executing world-class regulatory architecture, compliance, and enterprise risk programmes, including Business Continuity plans, Control Self-Assessment (“CSA”) frameworks, and Cybersecurity risk (alongside the CTO).
- Advising senior management on risk and governance requirements across APAC.
- Building out a compliance and risk team and seamlessly operating the day-to-day across KYC/KYB, AML, CFT, fraud investigations, etc.
- Managing our regulatory relationship and reporting with the relevant regional regulators (particularly MAS) as well as all regulatory licence applications.
- Act as the internal subject matter expert, leading internal training and discussions to ensure teams are well informed on regulatory and risk matters.
- Approximately 8 years of regulatory and risk management experience in the financial services, payments, or fintech industry.
- Knowledge of MAS regulatory requirements, in particular, AML and the Payments Oversight Act.
- A strong academic background, preferably in law, and relevant industry certifications.
- Conceptual skills including qualitative and quantitative methods for risk management with an understanding of ERM and CSA frameworks.
A strong knowledge of MAS regulatory frameworks and decision-making processes as well as the compliance requirements for payments companies.
Sound like you? Apply today! We can't wait to hear from you.
EA Licence: 21S0533