About the job Chief Financial Officer
cultivate began out of a desire to contribute to the start-up ecosystem by providing a service that fills the void left by others; an approachable fit-for-purpose solution for founders and leaders in the tech sector.
Using innovative and collaborative approaches, we help emerging tech companies address hiring challenges and secure the best talent. And with an intimate appreciation that all companies have varying degrees of HR needs, cultivate offers a scalable and strategic approach to human resources.
Our client's mission is to change this status quo and close the digital divide by connecting millions of people to the internet and advancing digital inclusion. As a Chief Financial Officer, you will drive the company to the IPO stage from its current growth stage.
Reporting directly to the Board, you will be a crucial member of the executive leadership team and a proactive leader of the Finance team. You will see the company through its critical growth plans and events, including fundraising and its future IPO process. Joining as the CFO offers an opportunity to change the lives of millions and impact the world in a way few companies can.
- Leading the group finance department.
- Providing insight and recommendations for the short-term and long-term growth plans.
- Formulating and implementing strategies to build efficient and scalable cross-company processes.
- Working closely with the CEO to drive and lead coming fundraising (pre-IPO mid-2022).
- Leading the company's future IPO process.
- Overseeing all financial planning, analysis, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Presenting financial and operating information with key insights to the Board and investor meetings.
- Assessing and evaluating the company's financial performance concerning long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Crafting and realising company policies and procedures that institutionalise proper controls.
- Leading and developing finance and accounting talents.
- Prior experience of an IPO process as a CFO or member of the investment team.
- Previous experience working with IT companies (internet, gaming, advertising).
- Experience with fundraising and investor relations and a proven ability to work with private and public investor groups such as venture capital, private equity, and investment banks.
- Strong expertise with revenue recognition standards and taxation for companies operating worldwide.
- Outstanding communication skills to explain the company's business to investors during roadshows and investor meetings.
- High level of emotional intelligence to plug into an existing finance and management team.
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.