Job Openings Bookkeeper
About the job Bookkeeper
Must have QuickBooks experience. Accounts Payable/Receivable experience is a plus. Must be able to perform basic office duties.
Typical Bookkeeper responsibilities include:
- Maintain and correct books of accounts
- Keep track of all payments, receivables, and revenues
- Make journals, receive documents and bills
- Prepare purchase orders and correspond with vendors on the same subject
- Gather outgoing mail for the finance department (i.e., purchase orders, checks)
- Prepare payroll reports, tax deductions and tax returns as required
- Verify that all bank transactions are properly recorded in books of accounts as well as properly submitted to bank for payment
- Prepare IBANs for overseas payments
- Make reports for management
- Calculate and pay taxes (i.e., income tax, sales tax, VAT, etc.)
- Prepare internal revenue service (IRS) form 1099Rs as required
- Generate reports for bank reconciliation, including preparing remittance advices for payments
- Reconcile accounts payable so that all payments and receipts are properly accounted for in books of accounts (i.e., deposits in bank)
- Prepare budgets, charts, and reports as required by management or customers/partners/suppliers/etc.
- Monitor cash flow and accounts receivable as required by management or customers/partners/suppliers/etc.