About the job Executive Officer, Asset Management (ISM)
The Asset Management Officer is to demonstrate strong commitment to the job, with excellent performance in regular operation and maintenance practices on structural and utilities equipment to reduce the occurrence of operational downtime, and to maximize the lifespan of the assets, equipment, and machineries.
The Asset Management Officer will be working in a team environment, and is therefore required to demonstrate collaboration and high motivation working as a team member, and also able to perform independently when required.
The objective is to minimize the occurrence of operational downtime, and to maximize the lifespan of the assets, equipment, and machineries within DARe’s industrial parks.
- Create and Implement operation and maintenance schedules and conduct accepted standard industry facilities management practices
- Control budgets for maintenance operations and monitor expenses
- Create, implement and monitor maintenance schedules for DARe’s assets on related industrial parks
- Attend meetings with others to determine operational needs
- Plan and coordinate maintenance and operations for DARe’s buildings and assets with relevant DARe departments or sections
- Coordinate with DARe staff, and with relevant tenants and stakeholders when planning and undertaking operational and/or maintenance works
- Involvement in the implementation of tender and/or quotation process
- To prepare and/or review reports on incidents and complaints, and come up with proposals for mitigation actions where required
- Carry out investigation including but not limited to evaluating issues/problems with systems and/or facilities, and to determine mitigation or corrective measures (eg. repairs) to be undertaken, including effecting prompt resolution on the spot where required
- Prepare reports for Supervisors on operation and maintenance status
- Holds a Degree / Diploma in any technical background; Facilities Management or Operation and Maintenance background is an advantage.
- Have experience in the Operation and Maintenance / Facilities Management sector.
- Applicants with investigation / analytical skills in technical problem solving will have an added advantage.
- At least one year of supervisory experience (preferred).
- Experience and know how using relevant technology and equipment in facilities management and maintenance.
- Experience in reporting and budgeting with cost benefit analysis.
- Working knowledge of Failure Mode Effect and Criticality Analysis is an added advantage.
- Applicants with Customer Service experience / background will have an added advantage.
Candidate shall also possess:
- Strong representation and negotiation skills at all levels, with good spoken and written communication skills in the English and Malay languages.
- Strong technical and practical skills for problem solving.
- Good computer skills. Having knowledge in AutoCAD is an advantage.
- Good negotiation, supervisory skills; tactful but assertive manner.
- Excellent Team player.
- Have good logical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Have the ability to cope under pressure.
- Able to work off hours if / when required.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to analyse various properties and equipment and detect potential safety hazards.
- Knowledge is WHSO or IOSH will be an added advantage.
The closing date for this vacancy will be on 3rd July 2022.