About the job Inpatient Coding Specialist - REMOTE
Top Client in need of an Inpatient Coder for Acute care
As a Coding Integrity Specialist III WORK FROM HOME, you will review and evaluate hospital inpatient medical record documentation to assign, sequence, edit, and/or validate the appropriate ICD-10-CM and ICD-10- PCS codes. A CIS III performs coding and/or code/DRG validation across multiple entities by applying all appropriate coding guidelines and criteria for code selections.
- Assign, sequence, validate, and/or edit codes/DRGs and abstracted data (e.g., physician, discharge disposition, query tracking) for inpatient records for multiple facilities using ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS
- Maintain or exceed established accuracy standards
- Maintain or exceed established productivity standards
- Utilize the complete patient medical record documentation in code/DRG assignment, validation, and/or editing of codes/DRGs
- Undergraduate (Associate's or Bachelor's) degree in HIM/HIT preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of acute care hospital inpatient coding is required with 3 years preferred.
- Coding Technical Skills - ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, MS-DRGs, APR DRGs, and POA Assignment.
- Will be required to audit as well
- RHIT, RHIA, or CCS required