About the job Chief Accountant
Daye is a leader in gynae health and we're expanding into new markets. Incorporated in 2018, were a fast growing, highly competitive new venture with over 40 team members. We are headquartered in London, UK with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria. To date, Daye is trusted by over 60,000 people with periods and has successfully raised $5.5 million in seed funding, and $11 million in series A funding from high profile investors based in Silicon Valley and London, UK.
At the heart of Daye is R&D and most of our processes are vertically integrated, including our tampon production. We are building a comprehensive gynae health platform that will address all areas of womens' health, from first menstruation through to menopause, and beyond. Our goals are to bridge the gender gap in medical research, and product innovation, by designing products rooted in science and inspired by womens' intuition.
For example; one of our key hypotheses was that tampons can be used for a lot more than just soaking up menstrual fluid. Therefore, we designed:
a pain-relieving tampon to help the 90% of women who suffer cramps;
a tampon to detect STIs and HPV;
a tampon to treat common vaginal infections like candida and BV.
We are currently working on several new digital and physical products and are in the process of expanding to the US and EU markets. We exist to raise the standards in gynae health by creating innovative products and services that fit conveniently into our lives, and we need exceptional talent to help achieve our mission.
About the opportunity
Over the next 12 months, our aim is to 5x our current subscriber base, which means you'll be part of a company on an exceptionally high growth trajectory. We are also exceptionally ambitious in our plans for rolling out new products and services. As Chief Accountant you will work with the Finance and Operations teams to manage the accounting processes in Bulgaria. This role is based in our Sofia office in Sofia with flexible working and at least two office days per week.
What you'll be doing
- Lead daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end closing process oversees the accounting activities end ensures all deliverables are submitted on timely manner;
Daily posting of invoices;
Posting of manual journal entries;
Maintaining general ledger entries;
Manage accounts payables process including monitoring and execution of timely payments to suppliers;
Timely reconciliation and follow-up of accounts balances. Strong focus on intercompany transactions and reconciliation;
Calculation and issuing of recharging invoices between the two legal entities in BG and UK;
Ensure all supporting documents are booked and stored together with the invoices;
Ensure business transactions are reported timely and in accordance with the accounting standards;
Assets management: ensure correct depreciation plans as per local and international standards;
Supporting the consolidation of the group entity adjustments and reports;
Collect, compile and process other accounting data and information.
Maintenance of the reporting (VIES, VAT, Intrastat, EU refund etc) required by the Bulgarian Statistical Office, National Bank, National revenue agency, customs and other government institutions; Manage the BG and EU VAT returns; Being the contact person for the relations with tax authority and establishing a good communication with the tax authority
Manage payroll process for the Bulgarian entity: calculate salaries for production and non-production employees, prepare declarations when needed, create contracts for new employees, create additional agreements with existing employees, etc;
Assisting in the travel and expense policy creation and leading its implementation together with full management of the T&E process in Bulgaria - ensure proper posting, refund, etc.;
Manage the advance payments to employees process;
Lead all requirements around OSS;
Responsible for preparing complete and accurate financial statements including the notes in accordance with local requirements as well as Group Accounting Policy;
Archiving of documents both primary and secondary;
Managing Multisport, vouchers and additional health insurance for all employees;
Validation of suppliers contracts;
Supporting the tax set-up for sales made in the USA and other geographies as well as the intercompany transactions between the linked entities;
Ensure compliance with the transfer pricing policy;
Cooperation with all departments in the company, external and internal auditors;
Follow new tax legislations that may have an effect on ongoing operations and inform the management team;
Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies;
Any other accounting related operations.
What you need to bring
Minimum 4-5 years of experience in a similar role;
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent experience;
Very good knowledge and understanding of IFRS and local accounting standards;
Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken;
Very good computer literacy and skills: ERP systems, financial accounting systems, MS Office (Word, Excel, Internet);
Strong analytical thinking, time planning and organizational skills and ability to work under pressure;
Strong organisation skills and obsessive attention to detail, strong motivation for self-development and people development.
Is Daye right for you?
You will thrive at Daye, if you like dynamic, fast-paced environments and you are comfortable with high levels of ambiguity. This is your place, if you like being proactive and hands-on while wearing many hats. We want to hear from you, if you see yourself in all of the above, and you share our core values:
- Culture of excellence. Persistent AF. We take pride in our work, never cutting corners, always pushing boundaries and persisting in the pursuit of our goals.
- Customer first. Science forward. Our decisions are driven by our consumers best interests and based on data, evidence and research.
- Everyones an owner. We believe in accountability and proactively seeking answers and solutions..
- Ego be damned. Feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome because we're not afraid of speaking out, making mistakes or adapting.
- Long-term benefit over short-term gain. We have the courage to do the right thing, even if it's not the easiest thing to do at this very moment.
- Different paths, same destination. Every conversation is approached with the understanding that we're all on one team, because even though everyone may have a different perspective, we have a shared vision.
Why join us
Working at Daye, you will be collaborating with a passionate, motivated and international group of top performers. Our team is big enough so you can grow, but lean enough so you can make a real impact. We're always pushing boundaries, for us thats the first step to a fulfilling and rewarding career. We move fast and we are not afraid of making mistakes or adapting. We believe no problem is too big to solve. We also believe everyone is an owner, which gives all of us at Daye the scope and space to grow. For this we offer:
- Remuneration - Competitive pay rates with yearly salary reviews
- Growth - Paid training opportunities (e.g. certificates, conference visits)
- Flexibility - Work whenever and wherever works best for you, Flexi Fridays
- Work-life balance - 20 days paid vacation per year including company wide time off period between Christmas and New Year
- Parental leave - Generous shared parental leave and return to work policy
- Healthcare - Private health insurance
- Wellness - Free coaching service
- Work environment - Diverse, yet like-minded, casual & sociable community
Does this role sound like a good fit? Apply today by sending us your CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.