About the job Quality Manager
Daye is a leader in gynae health and were expanding into new markets. Incorporated in 2018, were a fast growing, highly competitive new venture with over 40 team members. We are headquartered in London, UK with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria. To date, Daye is trusted by over 60,000 people with periods and has successfully raised $5.5 million in seed funding, and $11 million in series A funding from high profile investors based in Silicon Valley and London, UK.
At the heart of Daye is R&D and most of our processes are vertically integrated, including our tampon production. We are building a comprehensive gynae health platform that will address all areas of womens health, from first menstruation through to menopause, and beyond. Our goals are to bridge the gender gap in medical research, and product innovation, by designing products rooted in science and inspired by womens intuition.
For example; one of our key hypotheses was that tampons can be used for a lot more than just soaking up menstrual fluid. Therefore, we designed:
- a pain-relieving tampon to help the 90% of women who suffer cramps;
- a tampon to detect STIs and HPV;
- and even one to treat common vaginal infections like candida and BV.
We are currently working on several new digital and physical products and are in the process of expanding to the US and EU markets. We exist to raise the standards in gynae health by creating innovative products and services that fit conveniently into our lives, and we need exceptional talent to help achieve our mission.
About the opportunity
The Operations team at Daye covers a variety of domains from Quality, to Production, Supply Chain, Logistics, and Customer Service. Were looking to expand the team with a Quality Manager based in Sofia. The ideal candidate is a driven, curious and data-minded individual with a passion for female health.
As a Quality Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to cover the domains of:
- Continued ISO13485 compliance.
- Continuous quality improvement efforts across all business departments.
- KPI monitoring, reporting and general efficiency tracking.
- Risk management for both processes and products.
- Six Sigma process optimization.
- Production and supply chain digitisation in compliance with ISO13485.
- Implementation of process controls including Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Liaising with notified bodies and representing the company at external audits.
- Continuous monitoring of changes in regulatory requirements or standards.
Over the next 12 months, our aim is to grow our current subscriber base exponentially, which means youll be part of a company on an exceptionally high growth trajectory. You will work alongside our Head of Operations and our wider Operations team, in order to ensure the smooth functioning as well as continuous improvement of our Quality Management System. You will help set the tone for our Quality strategy, and will work with great levels of autonomy and accountability.
What you'll be doing
- Performing administrative tasks such as filling out NCR, CAPA and supplier evaluation forms when necessary.
- Leading the strategy for the continuous improvement of our QMS and preparing a Quality Plan for the next 12 months.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure their continued compliance with ISO13485 and GMP requirements as well as conducting supplier audits when necessary.
- Managing our Quality Assurance Lead and Process Engineer who spend a substantial amount of their time on our continued ISO13485 and GMP compliance.
- Management of the continued compliance of our QMS to ISO13485 and GMP.
- Liaising with notified bodies and regulators and representing the company at external audits.
- Hands-on support in the creation of various Quality Procedures (QPs), Work Instructions (WIs) and Records.
- Conducting FMEA and SPC analyses to optimise our current production setup and identify potential bottlenecks.
- Optimising business processes according to Six Sigma standards.
- Leading Quality Management Reviews (QMRs), Quality Committee meetings and internal audits.
- Identifying and tracking key KPIs outlining the state of our QMS as well as regularly communicating these to the senior leadership team.
- Assisting the Operations team with the implementation of process controls in our production setup.
- Supporting the resolution of any production-related NCRs and CAPAs.
- Introducing new joiners to the structure of the QMS and training them to the relevant QPs and WIs.
- Helping maintain the Companys documentation in a highly structured fashion.
- Supporting the implementation of Company policies and Quality standards.
- Assisting the Head of Operations and other company departments as needed.
What you need to bring
- Hands-on experience in startup and scale-up operations.
- Experience with international standards such as ISO9001, ISO13485 or GMP.
- Deep understanding of electronic quality management systems (eQMS).
- Confident manipulator and presenter of data, combining strong analytical thinking with a storytelling ability that generates buy-in for your recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with various external stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, including great comfort with managing budgets and timelines.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Excel and/or Minitab.
- Experience with Asana and Notion are a plus.
- Coding experience (SQL, Python) and familiarity with databases and BI tools (Looker, Metabase) are a plus.
This position is for you if you are
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with high levels of ambiguity
- Curious to ideate, test and measure new tactics
- Comfortable with working on mundane, as well as strategic tasks
- Obsessed with self-organization
- You exhibit high levels of autonomy
- A self-starter with a demonstrated can-do attitude
- Committed to accuracy and have an impeccable attention to detail
Is Daye right for you?
You will thrive at Daye, if you like dynamic, fast-paced environments and you are comfortable with high levels of ambiguity. This is your place, if you like being proactive and hands-on while wearing many hats. We want to hear from you, if you see yourself in all of the above, and you share our core values:
- Culture of excellence. Persistent AF. We take pride in our work, never cutting corners, always pushing boundaries and persisting in the pursuit of our goals.
- Customer first. Science forward. Our decisions are driven by our consumers best interests and based on data, evidence and research.
- Everyones an owner. We believe in accountability and proactively seeking answers and solutions.
- Ego be damned. Feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome because were not afraid of speaking out, making mistakes or adapting.
- Long-term benefit over short-term gain. We have the courage to do the right thing, even if its not the easiest thing to do at this very moment.
- Different paths, same destination. Every conversation is approached with the understanding that were all on one team, because even though everyone may have a different perspective, we have a shared vision.
Why join us
Working at Daye, you will be collaborating with a passionate, motivated and international group of top performers. Our team is big enough so you can grow, but lean enough so you can make a real impact. Were always pushing boundaries, for us thats the first step to a fulfilling and rewarding career. We move fast and we are not afraid of making mistakes or adapting. We believe no problem is too big to solve. We also believe everyone is an owner, which gives all of us at Daye the scope and space to grow. For this we offer:
- Remuneration - Competitive pay rates with yearly salary reviews
- Growth - Paid training opportunities (e.g. certificates, conference visits)
- Flexibility - Work whenever and wherever works best for you, Flexi Fridays
- Work-life balance - Generous holidays including company closure at Christmas
- Parental leave - Generous shared parental leave and return to work policy
- Healthcare - Private health insurance
- Wellness - Free professional coaching, mental health days
- Work environment - Diverse, yet like-minded, casual & sociable community
Does this role sound like a good fit? Apply today by sending us your CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.