About the job Segment Manager - Federal and Defense Procurement
The Segment Manager role is a critical leadership position within the sales organization that will have overall responsibility for the strategy and sales success for their segment. The role does not have direct reports, but the Segment Manager will be responsible for setting priorities for the Applications Engineer assigned to the segment. In addition to the leadership role internally, the successful Segment Manager will be a leader in their industry and considered a subject matter expert. Segment success will lead to the allocation of more personnel resources, e.g., dedicated Applications Engineer and Key Account Managers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Overall responsibility for My client’s strategy, growth, and success in the Segment.
- Quarterly report out to Executive management on Segment metrics
- Overall Sales responsibility for My client’ s Strategy growth and success in the Defense/Government segment.
- Leveraging key customer relationships to deliver sales growth
- Pipeline maintenance and report out
- Organizing account management among key account managers and applications engineer
- Generating and publishing quotes, as well as managing RFP responses
- Work across departments (Engineering, Quality, Scheduling, Accounting, etc.) to incorporate needed information
- Receiving both inbound web and phone enquiries
- Business development
- Expand on the company’s current success in the defense contracting and government marketplace
- Identify and pro-actively approach new key customers and Partnership opportunities
- Negotiate and maintain contract agreements with those customers to support long term growth.
- Marketing to Defense customers
- Industry news and intelligence
- Develop and maintain My client profile for that segment with Marketing team
- Manage events, webinars, and direction of marketing team
- Develop collateral needed specific to segment with Marketing team
- Identifying and organizing internal resources to support segment growth, including direct interface with product development team.
- Excellent language skills, both written and orally.
- Microsoft suite of programs is a requirement, particularly competency with Word and Excel
- Detail oriented to ensure all written communications are consistent and of the highest quality
- Comfort and background in dealing in a highly technical field (technical degree or past training is not required)
- Ability and willingness to learn new technical concepts
- Collaboration: ability to work as part of a team and across departments.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple and simultaneous projects, issues and activities and work across multiple time zones with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Multilingual, preferred
This role does not have supervisory responsibility.
This position is based in South Burlington, VT but can be performed remotely within the continental US.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Noise level is at a professional office environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. This position requires periodic evening and weekend work.
This position may require significant domestic and international travel. Remote candidates will be expected to travel to company headquarters approximately once per quarter.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience
- Experience in technical writing
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree in a technical field
- Working experience from a power electronics and/or Defense or government entity.
- In depth knowledge of federal and/or defense procurement and decision-making process.
- Knowledge and/or experience with planning, procurement, and management of power distribution systems for federal or Defense market.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
This position will involve access to ITAR (International Traffic and Arms Regulations)-controlled information, requiring verification of US-immigration status which is used solely for determining applicable ITAR licensing requirements
My client provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, My client complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
My client expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of [Company Name]’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.