About the job Continuous Improvement Engineer
My client is seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer (hybrid) who will utilize lean and six sigma methods to identify and drive continuous improvement projects. Equal comfort is required in leading, participating, or mentoring PQP efforts in a hands-on work environment.
- Works proactively with all departments to identify areas for improvement that impact key metrics (Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost);
- Investigates quality and customer-related problems and partner with operations and customers to resolve issues.
- Proactively supports operations to exceed expectations.
- Participates in NPI (New Product Introduction) process to review engineering designs and production processes regarding quality and manufacturability requirements. Suggests design or production process modifications to achieve optimum quality, efficiency, and reliability to customer requirements and production costs.
- Works closely with the quality and manufacturing teams to ensure efficient and effective procedures.
- Assists with internal audits and follow-up activities to maintain ISO-9001 Quality Management System certification.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining methods of collecting and presenting quality metrics.
- Performs other related duties of similar complexity as directed.
- Technical Skills: Requires a B.S. Degree in engineering, statistics, or business administration with 5 years of experience in quality control engineering, testing or inspection, or equivalent training. Demonstrated knowledge in lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma.
- Black Belt and/or Lean Manufacturing Certification required.
- Communication Skills: Effectively communicates with and engages all levels of the organization verbally and in writing; translates technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications; produces clear, understandable documentation for all audiences.
- Management of Resources: Allocates time and resources efficiently, focusing on ever-shifting priorities; continually seeks ways to improve individual/team efficiency.
- Demonstrates ability to be an effective leader and manager in a matrix-reporting environment.
- Business & Organization Knowledge: Understands the business and the impact of continuous improvement on the organization. Maintains and leads regular on-site continuous improvement events.
- Exhibits an assertive personality with a strong bias for action with a results orientation; tackles challenging problems with firm deadlines.
- Due to the requirements from the Department of Energy, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED;
- This position requires using information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Visa sponsorship is not available for any position.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation